Contentful provides content infrastructure for digital teams to power websites, apps, and devices. Unlike a CMS, Contentful was built to integrate with the modern software stack. It offers a central hub for structured content, powerful management and delivery APIs, and a customizable web app that enables developers and content creators to ship their products faster. Companies like Spotify, Red Bull, Optimizely, Twilio, and Urban Outfitters rely on Contentful to solve the complexities of content management in the modern multi-channel world.
The demand for a new way to manage content is in the numbers: the company is rapidly growing and has raised nearly $50M from VC firms including General Catalyst, Benchmark, Balderton, Point Nine, and Trinity.
We're a fun team of over 150 people from 40 nations with offices in Berlin and San Francisco, looking for more amazing individuals to join our team!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Contentful’s Sales Engineers explain the benefits of our platform and approach regarding content management to developers, product managers, and C-level executives.
Our Sales Engineers are close partners of our sales team and own key components of the sales process including infrastructural/architectural discovery, collaborative solution design, and technical validation. Sales Engineers may travel up to 25% of the time and will have the opportunity to work with teams around the world, from visionary brands to innovative digital agencies.
In collaboration with our Solution Architects, Sales Engineers at Contentful also play a critical role after the conclusion of a sales contract by continuing to advise and assist the customers’ developers and implementation teams in conjunction with the efforts of our Customer Success Management team. We believe that continuity in our customer relationships helps us understand and ensure achievement of the customers' goals.
- Support our sales team in helping prospects understand what’s possible with Contentful and how it compares to older legacy technologies
- Understand prospects' project requirements, help prospects validate these requirements against our platform, identify any technical risks involved with this process, and provide, when required, mitigation strategies
- Create demos and assist with technical proofs-of-concept to demonstrate how our APIs solve identified problems and fit into a prospect’s existing environment
- Communicate prospect and customer needs and product feedback to product management, marketing, and sales
- Collaborate with Solution Architects and Customer Success Managers to ensure that newly-signed customers successfully implement and launch their projects with Contentful
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or a comparable field, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years in Sales Engineering or Solution Consulting for a developer-focused/technical SaaS company
- Hands-on experience with programming in several of the following languages: Java, PHP, .NET, Ruby, Node.js, and Python
- Proven experience with current web technologies (JS frameworks, static site generators, REST APIs, CMSs, CDNs, etc.) and mobile development (iOS, Android)
- Recent professional web development experience is preferred
- Excellent communication skills and confidence conveying knowledge to a highly experienced technical audience
- Authorization to work in the United States
- Join an innovative, fast-growing tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Travel to Berlin, Germany, at the heart of Europe, both for onboarding and for other visits to Contentful’s Berlin office
- Work in our beautiful downtown space close to Embarcadero Station, complete with a fully stocked kitchen
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Commuter benefits to help you get to and from work
- An unlimited time off policy that rivals the best in Silicon Valley
- A generous education budget to support your continued professional development
- Pick and use the tools you feel comfortable with, both hardware and software
- We offer an education budget and extra days off to be spent on learning and development
- Relocation budget to support your move to San Francisco and assistance to help you settle down in your new city
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Contentful (https://www.contentful.com) is a content management developer platform that enables web and mobile developers to manage, integrate, and deliver digital content to any kind of device or service that can connect to an API - be it smart cars, VR, mobile, web, digital signage, or any new platform. We solve the complexities of content management for tens of thousands web and mobile developers, some independent and many working at enterprise customers that include Jack-in-the-box, Petsmart, Specialized, Fidelity Investments, and Urban Outfitters.
Want to learn more about Contentful? Visit Contentful's website.
Jobs You May Like
eCommerce Customer Happiness Specialist
Nutrafol, New York, NY
Vice President, Financial Planning & Analysis
Refinery29, New York
Client Onboarding Manager
BounceX, New York
Formlabs, Somerville, MA
Restaurant General Manager
Dig Inn, New York City
Interior Design Consultant
Brookfield Residential, Calgary