Contentful, Denver, Colorado, United States
Contentful: a developer-friendly, API first CMS
About the opportunity
Contentful is looking for its first dedicated payroll hire to own the global payroll process. Working alongside both finance and people operations this role is a key part of our growth and scale plans. You will help not only with scaling a global payroll operation for a rapidly growing, multi-national company but also helping on further international expansion. This role will suit someone who likes to build and drive change and can bring their prior experience to add value and partner with a rapidly growing organization.
What to expect?
- Coordinate and collaborate across multiple teams to ensure all payroll information is complete
- Work with and manage external payroll agencies to ensure proper processing of payroll data globally
- Act as a quality control review to ensure the payroll is accurately processed, paid and recorded
- Manage internal timelines, calendars and drive the process to ensure all global payrolls are processed on time
- Be first point of contact with employees on all payroll related matters
- Work closely with HR, Finance, commission and stock teams and others to drive process improvements, ensure clear documentation and continue a collaborative approach to ensuring a smooth end to end payroll process
- Work with finance on adequate internal controls and SOX documentation.
- Be a critical partner on future international growth and system change or improvement initiatives.
What you need to be successful?
- Experience in running a full payroll cycle, ideally having set up payroll in numerous locations
- Have managed payroll in a rapidly growing organization
- Have managed payroll in at least 3 different countries, including the United States and at least one European country
- Have experience with wage tax, social insurances, and employee benefits
- Have managed payroll for an organization of 1,000+ employees
- Experience implementing payroll systems and with HRMS integrations
- Superior communication and organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Hands-on mentality and result orientation
- Demonstrable experience of driving change and improvements in payroll processes with an emphasis on scale and automation.
- Ideally a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share in the success of our company
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision care package covering 100% of monthly premiums for employees
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous combination of a flexible time off policy, volunteer time off and paid holidays
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave (after 6 months of employment)
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career.
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Share and navigate the excitement of a new workplace with your CFF (Contentful First Friend)
- Commuter benefits and monthly bill stipend
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Colorado Salary Statement: The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for the role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant's skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications (e.g. JD/technology), for example.
Colorado Salary Range: $80,000-$85,000
[This position is eligible for equity awards, annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards in accordance with the terms of Contentful’s variable compensation plans.]
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlasssian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 650 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.
Contentful (https://www.contentful.com) is a content management developer platform that enables web and mobile developers to manage, integrate, and deliver digital content to any kind of device or service that can connect to an API - be it smart cars, VR, mobile, web, digital signage, or any new platform. We solve the complexities of content management for tens of thousands web and mobile developers, some independent and many working at enterprise customers that include Jack-in-the-box, Petsmart, Specialized, Fidelity Investments, and Urban Outfitters.
Want to learn more about Contentful? Visit Contentful's website.
Software that predicts technology trends.