Regional Territory Sales Director - Southeast
Contentful, Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Contentful: a developer-friendly, API first CMS
About the Opportunity
The position of the Regional Territory Sales Director is a critical role in our North America Sales team reporting to the VP of North American Sales. You will be managing a sales team of experienced, outperforming Territory Account Executives with the task to hire and develop the best talent in the market to strategically increase sales presence throughout the Southeast Region.
As an experienced mentor with a strong enterprise software sales background, you are responsible for supporting your team in complex procurements, go-to-market initiatives and as a senior stakeholder for the customers in your region. Since your role is quota carrying, you own the regional forecast, identify and mitigate risks, tackle opportunities and constantly up-level your team through outstanding leadership and coaching.
What to expect?
- Recruit, hire, train, and coach new team members
- Contribute to regional strategy with metrics, observations and market research
- Create processes, set best practices and build replicable patterns for regional go to markets initiatives
- Serve as senior stakeholder and point of escalation internally and in customer engagements
- Support team members in customer meetings and pitches
- Be a mentor and provide hands-on coaching and professional development for AEs and wider team
- Conduct weekly forecasts and oversee sales development goals, metrics, and quota achievement
- Proactive collaboration with Marketing, Recruitment, Human Resources, Partnerships and Customer Success to align regional strategy
What you need to be successful?
- 5+ years of B2B SaaS sales leadership experience - a minimum of 2 years in a closing role
- 2+ years of experience successfully selling complex technical software
- Experience with a "land-and-expand" sales model
- Proven ability to manage a forecast across large teams
- History leading sales teams selling complex technical solutions to customers who span distinct divisions (e.g. marketing, IT, sales leadership)
- Proven successful experience in leading Territory Account Executives
- Proven ability to create high performing teams and lead them to success
- History of promoting employees into leadership roles.
- Consultative selling experience
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Willingness to travel (up to 50%)
- College degree (BA/BS)
What’s in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share in the success of our company
- Comprehensive health/dental/vision care package covering 100% of monthly premiums for employees
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous combination of a flexible time off policy, volunteer time off and paid holidays
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave (after 6 months of employment)
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career.
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Share and navigate the excitement of a new workplace with your CFF (Contentful First Friend)
- Commuter benefits and monthly bill stipend
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
To view more career opportunities, visit https://www.contentful.com/careers/
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlasssian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 650 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.
Contentful (https://www.contentful.com) is a content management developer platform that enables web and mobile developers to manage, integrate, and deliver digital content to any kind of device or service that can connect to an API - be it smart cars, VR, mobile, web, digital signage, or any new platform. We solve the complexities of content management for tens of thousands web and mobile developers, some independent and many working at enterprise customers that include Jack-in-the-box, Petsmart, Specialized, Fidelity Investments, and Urban Outfitters.
Want to learn more about Contentful? Visit Contentful's website.
Payroll Services. Benefits. Compliance.
Tech Jobs For You
Food Safety and Quality Program Specialist
Home Chef, 433 W Van Buren St, Chicago, IL 60607 (Downtown)