Convoy, one of the fastest growing startups in the U.S., is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Convoy offers the world's largest companies the best option for moving their freight through its network of thousands of technology-connected trucking companies. Shippers get instant quotes, real-time GPS tracking on all shipments, and actionable business analytics to improve their supply chain. Trucking companies get access to free tools and resources that allow them to find loads they want, drive fuller trucks, and get paid quickly. Convoy is growing quickly and hiring in every area. Come join a company that is literally moving the world forward!
Founded in 2015, Convoy is backed by this century's leading disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others.
As a Sales Training Manager for Convoy, you will collaborate across the organization to develop, deliver, and evaluate sales training programs for our customer-facing personnel. You will be responsible for helping our Sales and Account Management representatives learn all areas needed to succeed at Convoy, including freight industry knowledge, product knowledge, technology tools, business communication skills, sales processes and methodology, such as 30-60-90 sales curriculum and new hire onboarding. You design and own training delivery through a mix of on-demand, live, on-the-job training, and certification programs.
You will take ownership of:
- Deliver sales onboarding and ongoing training of all customer-facing personnel (Business Development Directors, Account Executives, Account Managers, and Sales Development Representatives), partnering with Sales Leadership, Marketing, and Product on collateral and curriculum. On occasion, assist with other internal training needs within the company as appropriate.
- Define, measure and apply consistent data-driven training metrics to achieve company objectives, such as time to achieve quota and % quota achieved.
- Audit and maintain all training content, guidelines, and curriculum needed to support the above programs; build out of a learning management system.
- Regularly assess sales training needs by observing individual performance/behaviors and collaborating with appropriate cross-functional area(s).
- Continuously improve our program with up-to-date best practices in sales training and enablement, such as certification and contests. Proactively consider and identify new strategies, tactics and vendors to raise the level of the team’s thinking and performance.
- Partner with Marketing and Product teams to ensure quality sales collateral and templates are created (case studies, sales deck, info sheets, etc) and sales reps can find and utilize the right content at the right time.
- Partner with Sales Leadership to work 1:1 with reps for ongoing coaching and development (e.g. call reviews) to demonstrate successful learning and on-the-job application.
- Partner with Sales Operations to ensure successful adoption of sales processes and technologies in a fast-changing environment, along with measurement of results.
- Be a key member of the Business Operations and Sales Strategy (BOSS) team - we are a passionate, scrappy team that are solving some of the most critical problems at Convoy and building a world-class organization.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- 4+ years of experience working as a sales trainer in a fast paced technology environment, freight sales experience a plus.
- Demonstrated success training inside sales professionals in a solution sales methodology, preferably Challenger or Sandler.
- Experience with training multiple sales team personas (SDR, AE, AM) within a sales organization.
- Highly process oriented, with the ability to create and document programs that scale.
- Experience working cross-functionally to analyze needs and leveraging subject matter experts to develop to those needs.
- Strong leadership; ability to lead and evolve the sales training program from scratch in a data-driven manner.
- Highly experienced with different training modalities, including on-demand, classroom, virtual, and video training.
- Proven ability to develop content around sales process, product training and collateral, including video.
- Understanding of sales pipeline, opportunity management, and forecasting cadence and process in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Proven track record of exceptional project management and change management skills; Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects and tasks.
- A collaborative team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to excel in a dynamic work environment as an early member of a growing team.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse team. If you're a collaborative team player who wants to have an outsized impact with a small, tight-knit team, we'd love to hear from you!
About us Convoy is reinventing the supply chain with technology-backed full service trucking. Convoy offers guaranteed capacity and innovative real-time GPS tracking via our connected carrier network.