Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to fundamentally changing the way freight moves across America and beyond for the better.
We are passionate about thinking big and solving really complex problems to make the lives of truck drivers, shippers and other people in freight industry easier through our innovation and technology. There will always be a better, more efficient way to transport goods, and we won’t ever stop inventing it.
The SRE team is a technical group focused on both deep technical problems and broad operational concerns affecting all of Engineering at Convoy. We improve the overall quality of Engineering's delivery and service of its products, aiming for a sweet spot where products run smoothly to delight customers, ease operations, and free developers to work on the next great thing at Convoy.
Who you are:
- Solid system design skills and operational expertise to enable teams to make the right design trade-offs
- Strong collaboration skills to help drive operational best practices and help teams raise the bar on service health
- Strong debugging skills to diagnose and root cause issues across the entire stack
- Experience handling large scale services
- A history of developing and reliable services and ability to impart the lessons learned therein.
- The ability to dive deep into new technologies and learn quickly.
- Confidence in reading and writing service or automation code.
What you'll do:
- Instill and empower a culture of Operational Excellence across Engineering.
- Encourage use of Engineering's tools and technology to their fullest potential.
- Supply subject matter expertise on application monitoring, configuration, and automation.
- Drive programs that raise the bar on service health.
- Provide automation and tooling for ensuring service quality and health.
Benefits of working at Convoy:
- Health &Wellness: Taking care of your health comes first. Convoy covers 100% of your medical, dental, and vision premiums, and 85% for your family. We also provide access to the gym and showers in our building.
- In-Office Happiness: Enjoy catered meals multiple times through the week, and fully stocked fridges and pantries to keep you running full.
- Commuter Benefits: We transport the world; the least we can do is help get you to work. Every employee receives a fully paid Orca Card to get you around on the bus, light rail, or water taxi. We also provide locked bike storage if you prefer to pedal in.
- Time Off: Life outside of work matters! Convoy has a flexible vacation policy, so take the time off you need- we don’t track vacation or sick time. We also offer generous parental leave for those expecting new additions to their family.
- Compensation: We offer market competitive compensation, including stock options and a 401k plan to help save for retirement.
Candidates must be eligible to work at Convoy HQ in Seattle.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!
About us Convoy is reinventing the supply chain with technology-backed full service trucking. Convoy offers guaranteed capacity and innovative real-time GPS tracking via our connected carrier network.