Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to fundamentally change the way freight moves across America and beyond for the better.
We are passionate about thinking big and solving really complex problems to make the lives of truck drivers, shippers and other people in freight industry easier through our innovation and technology. There will always be a better, more efficient way to transport goods, and we won’t ever stop inventing it.
Founded in 2015, we’re a mission-driven, well-funded, fast-growing startup, backed by world-class investors, including CapitalG, the growth equity investment fund of Google, and leading industry disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others. We were named one of Washington State’s top places to work, a LinkedIn Top Startup and were the recipient of the GeekWire Next Tech Titan in 2018.
If working with smart, values-driven people to transform an entire industry sounds like something you’re into, come join Convoy, and help literally move the world forward!
The Demand and Revenue teams own all the shipper-related products and projects of Convoy’s Marketplace. We are focused on working with large enterprise shippers, and also the long tail of small and medium businesses that use Convoy’s marketplace to handle their transportation needs. This entails working on innovative new products, such as Convoy Go, or introducing creative new ways for enterprises to work with technology, such as Dynamic Backup. As the gatekeeper of all incoming revenue for Convoy, the team works closely with business and finance teams to help growth. At the same time, the team is also responsible for building scalable platforms that help us create innovative new offerings for our shippers that integrate into their existing workflows. We’re focused on maintaining a high quality, robust, and industry leading user experience, while also having the flexibility to innovate and make bets that might help shape the way transportation works. Convoy is experiencing significant growth, and we are looking for leaders to help us shepherd us through this phase of hyper-growth.
Now is the perfect time for you to come be a part of our high-caliber engineering team as we work to realize this massive vision.
Who you are:
- Ideal candidates will be driven, empathetic leaders with experience building and managing world-class teams of diverse engineers. They will also have a passion for understanding the needs of our customers, our business and our engineers, to determine the strategic path forward for our team. They will enjoy leading the careers of extraordinary software developers, collaborating with diverse stakeholders, and will bring a growth mindset and strong learning orientation. Additionally, they will be part of the engineering leadership team @ Convoy, and help shape the growth of the broader engineering organization.
You will own:
- Manage a software platform engineering team within Convoy’s Demand and Revenue organization
- Develop and deliver on customer focused, high impact roadmaps for your team that will delight internal and external customers
- Help your team build and manage foundational frameworks, patterns, and technologies that help our company create the best app experiences at scale
- Contribute to a culture of technical excellence at Convoy
- Build trust with various stakeholders and tackle cross-org problems
- Mentor and provide career growth for your engineers
You have the following experience:
- 4+ years managing software engineering teams that operate at scale
- Excellent project management skills to help teams deliver on time
- Strong people management skills to recruit, manage and develop talent
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- Strong communication skills to interface with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to create an inclusive environment to help all members on your team thrive.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!
About us Convoy is reinventing the supply chain with technology-backed full service trucking. Convoy offers guaranteed capacity and innovative real-time GPS tracking via our connected carrier network.