Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, where even 10 years ago, most truck drivers did not have smartphones and paper driver logs were common. In 2015, Convoy launched the digital freight movement with an open and fully connected marketplace for brands and manufacturers to work directly with freight carriers who move truckload shipments throughout the country. This ‘Digital Freight Network’ is powered by machine learning and automation, and supported by a broad, ever-growing set of features that benefit both sides of the marketplace.
We’ve been honored to work with some great companies, such as Unilever, The Home Depot, and Procter & Gamble. We’ve also been backed by world-class investors, including Google, YCombinator, Fidelity, Greylock Generation, Lone Pine, T. Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, Starbucks, and others. We are proud to have been named a CNBC Disruptor 50 Winner (3x), a Fast Company World Changing Idea, a LinkedIn Top Startup, a Forbes' Best Startup Employer, one of Fortune Magazine's 'Impact 20' list, a best place to work in Washington State, a BloombergNEF Pioneer winner, and more.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help us transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste.
Machine learning is core to Convoy’s mission to automate the logistics industry. Today, we use machine learning to figure out freight prices, shipment relevance for carriers, auction bidding strategy, and other internal processes. We’re looking for a backend engineer who understands how to train and serve ML models in a production environment. You would work with a tight knit group of engineers and data scientists on things like helping us launch new iterations of our recommendation engine, brainstorm improvements to our candidate generation and ranking processes in order to better meet our business needs, and acting as a liaison between our product focused pod and Convoy’s ML platform team, we’d love for you to help us build the infrastructure we need so that data science can independently push changes to production. If you’re excited about ML, are interested in solving business problems, and love building customer facing products, we’d love to chat!
- Make sure that our product team is connected with and aligned to the work that our ML Platform team is doing
- Help Data Science launch new models to better predict what offers are relevant to carriers
- Build out infrastructure for Data Science to “self-serve” new deployments to production
- Find new innovative ways to improve our offer pipeline and apply machine learning to improve business metrics
We're looking for someone who has:
- Understanding of fundamental machine learning techniques
- 5 years+ professional experience successfully applying machine learning to product/business problems
- General backend software engineering skills
- Experience writing and deploying production code
- Experience building and working with data pipelines
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!