Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, where even 10 years ago, most truck drivers did not have smartphones and paper driver logs were common. In 2015, Convoy launched the digital freight movement with an open and fully connected marketplace for brands and manufacturers to work directly with freight carriers who move truckload shipments throughout the country. This ‘Digital Freight Network’ is powered by machine learning and automation, and supported by a broad, ever-growing set of features that benefit both sides of the marketplace.
We’ve been honored to work with some great companies, such as Unilever, The Home Depot, and Procter & Gamble. We’ve also been backed by world-class investors, including Google, YCombinator, Fidelity, Greylock Generation, Lone Pine, T. Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, Starbucks, and others. We are proud to have been named a CNBC Disruptor 50 Winner (3x), a Fast Company World Changing Idea, a LinkedIn Top Startup, a Forbes' Best Startup Employer, one of Fortune Magazine's 'Impact 20' list, a best place to work in Washington State, a BloombergNEF Pioneer winner, and more.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help us transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste.
As a Principal Engineer at Convoy, you will help guide the evolution of our core systems and capabilities while supporting new green field opportunities. You will help establish technical standards and drive Convoy system architecture, engineering practices, and engineering methodologies.
You work on our hardest problems, building high quality, scalable, and architecturally sound systems that are aligned with our business needs. Principal Engineers are pragmatic visionaries who can translate business needs into workable technology solutions.
Your expertise is deep and broad allowing you to produce both detailed technical work and high-level architectural designs. Principal Engineers are leaders and mentors, setting excellent examples for their local teams and the entire engineering community.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
- 6+ years of technical leadership experience
- Proven track record of designing and delivering large-scale, high quality systems and software products
- Experience motivating others to act by creating a shared sense of vision or purpose.
- Track record of delivery in hyper-growth and fast-paced development environments.
- Entrepreneurial and strategic mindset, thriving at the intersection of technology and business.
- Highly developed technical perspective and architecture and system design ability.
- Experience cultivating flexible, empathetic engineering teams
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!