Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, where even 10 years ago, most truck drivers did not have smartphones and paper driver logs were common. In 2015, Convoy launched the digital freight movement with an open and fully connected marketplace for brands and manufacturers to work directly with freight carriers who move truckload shipments throughout the country. This ‘Digital Freight Network’ is powered by machine learning and automation, and supported by a broad, ever-growing set of features that benefit both sides of the marketplace.
We’ve been honored to work with some great companies, such as Unilever, The Home Depot, and Procter & Gamble. We’ve also been backed by world-class investors, including Google, YCombinator, Fidelity, Greylock Generation, Lone Pine, T. Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, Starbucks, and others. We are proud to have been named a CNBC Disruptor 50 Winner (3x), a Fast Company World Changing Idea, a LinkedIn Top Startup, a Forbes' Best Startup Employer, one of Fortune Magazine's 'Impact 20' list, a best place to work in Washington State, a BloombergNEF Pioneer winner, and more.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help us transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste.
Who you are:
Ideal candidates are driven, empathetic leaders with experience building and managing world-class teams of diverse engineers. They will also have a passion for understanding the needs of our customers, our business and our engineers, to determine the strategic path forward for our team. They will enjoy leading the careers of extraordinary software developers, collaborating with diverse stakeholders, and will bring a growth mindset and strong learning orientation. Additionally, they will be part of the engineering leadership team at Convoy and help shape the growth of the broader engineering organization.
- Manage and grow Convoy’s software engineering teams
- Develop and deliver on customer focused, high impact roadmap for your team that will delight customers
- Help your team build and manage foundational frameworks, patterns, and technologies that help our company create the best app experiences at scale
- Contribute to a culture of technical excellence at Convoy
- Build trust with various stakeholders and tackle cross-org problems
- Mentor and provide career growth for your engineers
We are looking for someone who has:
- 4+ years managing software engineering teams that operate at scale
- Experience in data related technology, examples including database, data warehouse, distributed processing, machine learning platforms, and etc
- Excellent project management skills to help teams deliver on time
- Strong people management skills to recruit, manage and develop talent
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- Strong communication skills to interface with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to create an inclusive environment to help all members on your team thrive
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!