Convoy is leading a movement in efficient freight and one of the fastest-growing startups in the US. We use technology and data to solve problems of waste and inefficiency in the $800B trucking industry which generates over 76M metric tons of wasted CO2 emissions a year from empty trucks. We connect shippers to carriers to move millions of truckloads, saving money for shippers, reducing hassle for carriers, and eliminating carbon waste for our planet. Thousands of customers like Anheuser-Busch, Carlisle, GE Appliance, and Unilever trust Convoy to lower costs, increase logistics insights, and achieve their carbon reduction targets. This is your opportunity to help lead that movement and be part of a fast-growing marketing team that is literally helping to move the world forward.
As a Communications Marketing Manager, you will establish a narrative with customers and mold perception in the marketplace, establishing and growing a perception of momentum and thought leadership at scale.
Key responsibilities include:
Convoy Communications Marketing Managers are leaders who move quickly, with a focused determination to make an impact in the market. The top priority for our Communication Marketing Managers is to drive our thought leadership position through press, analysts, and other industry influentials. You will own press strategy and coverage, driving analysts' recommendations and relations, strategic counsel to senior leaders regarding external communications strategy. You will lead the organization’s public relations including building, sustaining and managing the organization’s reputation as seen and understood by the public. You will craft original content including executive presentations, board meetings, keynote sessions at internal and external events, blog posts, podcasts, social media posts, and other creative content. Taken together, you will own Convoy’s story by managing a comprehensive mix of content that resonates with key audiences.
- 5+ years of experience in product management, digital marketing, brand management or communications management
- BA / BS - Engineering or Business degree or equivalent experience.
- High attention to detail and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Strong analytic and quantitative skills - ability to use data to develop and measure marketing programs
- Excellent cross-group collaboration skills, ability to impact outcomes in a fast-paced, matrixed environment
- Proven track record of effectively developing and implementing marketing plans that drive customer demand using a variety of Convoy marketing tools
- Demonstrated ability to operate both strategically and tactically
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to fully engage with technical teams and business teams and effectively manage customer expectations and resolve conflicts that balance client and company needs.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!
About us Convoy is reinventing the supply chain with technology-backed full service trucking. Convoy offers guaranteed capacity and innovative real-time GPS tracking via our connected carrier network.