Convoy, one of the fastest growing startups in the U.S., is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Convoy offers the world's largest companies the best option for moving their freight through its network of thousands of technology-connected trucking companies. Shippers get instant quotes, real-time GPS tracking on all shipments, and actionable business analytics to improve their supply chain. Trucking companies get access to free tools and resources that allow them to find loads they want, drive fuller trucks, and get paid quickly. Convoy is growing quickly and hiring in every area. Come join a company that is literally moving the world forward!
Founded in 2015, Convoy is backed by this century's leading disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others.
You are a strong programmatic leader eager to have a big impact at Convoy. You’ll build a workforce management team from the ground up, partnering with Finance, Operations, Product, and Data Science to optimize utilization across our teams. You are a leader in your field, with expertise in workforce management and optimization, a strong analytical toolset, and experience working cross-functionally to solve problems with product and process changes. You thrive in an ambiguous, fast-paced, and dynamic environment, and are excited to help Convoy deliver best-in-class service as efficiently as possible. If you want to think big about optimizing operations, are passionate about data, and want to see a tangible impact of your work, this is a role for you.
- Leadership - Build and lead the capacity planning and workforce management team from the ground up.
- Strategy - Define and execute a strategy to help Convoy’s workforce scale through long-term planning, medium-term capacity planning, and real-time workforce management solutions.
- Program management - Partner with Finance, Product, Data Science, and Operations to build better forecasting models, optimize scheduling, and enable Operations teams to shift resources nimbly.
- Functional expertise - Provide functional leadership in the development of workforce solutions, including statistical analysis and modeling, schedule optimization, program management, operational excellence, and problem solving.
- Metrics & Experimentation - You will define the metrics that will drive success and will be required to design and measure effective experiments.
You will have the following skills and experience:
Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Operations, Finance, Business Administration, or other quantitative field.
7+ years of experience in operational forecasting, staffing, and scheduling
Experience building and scaling strategic and cross-functional teams from the ground up
Ability to break down complex business problems into concrete analytical solutions
Strong analytical skills – good at creating and analyzing business information, defining key business metrics; proficiency in SQL and some statistical tools strongly preferredExceptional communication skills; ability to empathize with stakeholder needs and drive alignment across multiple teams.
Superior organizational and time management skills; ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects and tasks
Experience in operations and/or startup environment strongly preferred
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!
Convoy is reinventing the supply chain with technology-backed full service trucking. Convoy offers guaranteed capacity and innovative real-time GPS tracking via our connected carrier network.