Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, where even 10 years ago, most truck drivers did not have smartphones and paper driver logs were common. In 2015, Convoy launched the digital freight movement with an open and fully connected marketplace for brands and manufacturers to work directly with freight carriers who move truckload shipments throughout the country. This ‘Digital Freight Network’ is powered by machine learning and automation, and supported by a broad, ever-growing set of features that benefit both sides of the marketplace.
We’ve been honored to work with some great companies, such as Unilever, The Home Depot, and Procter & Gamble. We’ve also been backed by world-class investors, including Google, YCombinator, Fidelity, Greylock Generation, Lone Pine, T. Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, Starbucks, and others. We are proud to have been named a CNBC Disruptor 50 Winner (3x), a Fast Company World Changing Idea, a LinkedIn Top Startup, a Forbes' Best Startup Employer, one of Fortune Magazine's 'Impact 20' list, a best place to work in Washington State, a BloombergNEF Pioneer winner, and more.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help us transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste.
You are a strong systems thinker and visual designer with hands-on experience contributing to design systems libraries for enterprise products. You know a design system is more than documentation, it’s the way we play and work together as a design team. You naturally cross organizational boundaries and break down silos between disciplines, empowering designers and engineers to work quickly with high standards for quality and consistency.
- Design, maintain, and evolve the components, UI patterns, and documentation for Fuel, Convoy's design system and component library.
- Work with product and brand designers, engineers, product managers, and other stakeholders to develop the tools, processes, and practices they need to build and deliver amazing experiences.
- Write documentation and usage guidelines for designers and engineers on how to use components and patterns across design and code.
- Collaborate with teams to implement new components and audit legacy components.
- Educate and provide guidance to teams on design system best practices
We're looking for someone who has:
- 2+ years experience as a product designer working directly with design systems.
- Strong communication, collaboration and creative problem-solving skills.
- Passionate about exploring new design patterns across all our product design surfaces.
- Knowledge of technical constraints and guidelines as they apply to designing for digital platforms, including web, iOS and Android. Awareness of inclusive design principles and best practices.
- Advanced knowledge of Figma’s design tools. Working knowledge of other contemporary design and prototyping tools, such as Framer or Principle.
- Experience contributing to design systems including component design, documentation, and education.
- Comfortable working with front end engineering teams for web and mobile user interfaces, including participating in code reviews. It’s a big plus if you have had some hands-on experience and have contributed to code repositories for web or native apps.
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!