Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, where even 10 years ago, most truck drivers did not have smartphones and paper driver logs were common. In 2015, Convoy launched the digital freight movement with an open and fully connected marketplace for brands and manufacturers to work directly with freight carriers who move truckload shipments throughout the country. This ‘Digital Freight Network’ is powered by machine learning and automation, and supported by a broad, ever-growing set of features that benefit both sides of the marketplace.
We’ve been honored to work with some great companies, such as Unilever, The Home Depot, and Procter & Gamble. We’ve also been backed by world-class investors, including Google, YCombinator, Fidelity, Greylock Generation, Lone Pine, T. Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, Starbucks, and others. We are proud to have been named a CNBC Disruptor 50 Winner (3x), a Fast Company World Changing Idea, a LinkedIn Top Startup, a Forbes' Best Startup Employer, one of Fortune Magazine's 'Impact 20' list, a best place to work in Washington State, a BloombergNEF Pioneer winner, and more.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help us transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste.
We are looking for an experienced Research Scientist to join the Shipment Success team. Shipment Success owns the execution of the load, from scheduling pickup and drop-off appointments to handling the backend financial transactions after load completion. Being so closely tied to execution, your work would directly impact both customer satisfaction and Convoy’s cost of doing business. At Convoy you will be expected to work self-sufficiently while influencing and collaborating with your teammates. You will closely collaborate with fellow members of the Data Science team, Engineers, and Product Managers across the Product and Engineering and Operations organizations. You will be responsible for designing and developing new statistical models, evaluating process and product innovations, and influencing the team’s roadmap.
- Predict time durations related to load execution (e.g. driving time between two points)
- Develop and improve machine learning and/or reinforcement learning models
- Deep Learning model development and deployment
- Head up research initiatives for optimizing work queues and automatically replying to our customers
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Minimum of 7 years of experience doing predictive modeling and machine learning in a production setting
- MS or PhD in Operations Research, Applied Math, Computer Science, Engineering, or related quantitative subject
- Strong technical programming ability with an emphasis on Python
- Experience working with ML models in production environments
- Experience with deep learning toolkits and frameworks
- Experience with SQL and/or Big Data Tools
- Experience with experimentation such as A/B testing
- Intelligent but practical; you want to get things done and love simplicity
- Joy for teaching fellow analysts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are comfortable interacting with technical and non-technical audiences
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!