Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, where even 10 years ago, most truck drivers did not have smartphones and paper driver logs were common. In 2015, Convoy launched the digital freight movement with an open and fully connected marketplace for brands and manufacturers to work directly with freight carriers who move truckload shipments throughout the country. This ‘Digital Freight Network’ is powered by machine learning and automation, and supported by a broad, ever-growing set of features that benefit both sides of the marketplace.
We’ve been honored to work with some great companies, such as Unilever, The Home Depot, and Procter & Gamble. We’ve also been backed by world-class investors, including Google, YCombinator, Fidelity, Greylock Generation, Lone Pine, T. Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, Starbucks, and others. We are proud to have been named a CNBC Disruptor 50 Winner (3x), a Fast Company World Changing Idea, a LinkedIn Top Startup, a Forbes' Best Startup Employer, one of Fortune Magazine's 'Impact 20' list, a best place to work in Washington State, a BloombergNEF Pioneer winner, and more.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help us transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste.
You are passionate about Associate development, problem solving and customer service. You have experience working in a fast paced environment with competing priorities. You enjoy creating and executing strategic growth plans for your business area. You will help onboard and supervise the continued performance of a team of Operations Associates. You’ll play an integral role in setting culture and will bring the energy, grit, and work ethic necessary to get the job done!
Note: This is a weekend shift and you must be able to work Friday-Monday 6:30am-4:00pm EST OR 7:00am-5:30pm EST.
- Support training and onboarding Operations Associates
- Provide daily direction and communication to the team to ensure SLAs are met with high quality service
- Create and maintain a positive, energetic work environment so team members are motivated to perform at their highest level
- Partner with our Supply and Demand teams to execute ction plans for accounts and company initiatives
- Perform ongoing process and procedure evaluation, improvement, and training
- Assist Operations Manager with development, analyses and implementation of staffing, training, scheduling and reward/recognition programs
We're looking for someone who has:
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university
- 2-4 years of direct management experience for employees and their performance
- Past experience mentoring, leading, and/or training teammates
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be an empathetic listener, candid communicator, and not afraid to ask for help
- Ability to be scrappy; willing to dive in and do what’s needed, regardless of whether it’s in the job description
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to simultaneously manage multiple initiatives
- Ability to work independently, think creatively, problem solve to deliver results in a fast-paced environment
Nice to haves:
- MBA or Master's degree
- Experience leading large-scale process improvements through Lean process, Kaizen, and Six Sigma
- Beginner to intermediate level experience with programing languages ie. SQL, Java, Python
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!