Research Scientist (All Levels)
Convoy, Seattle, Washington
- Leverage machine learning and optimization to automate and improve decision making in our core problem areas
- Develop and deploy new solutions and improving existing machine learning models (including deep learning, reinforcement learning and tree based methods)
- Design and implement scalable automated decisioning systems
- Lead research initiatives to drive actionable learnings and ultimately impact for Convoy
- Work on systems that automate our dynamic freight marketplace
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Minimum of 2-7+ years of experience developing machine learning solutions
- PhD or MS in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math/OR, Engineering, or related quantitative field.
- Experience using Python and SQL for deploying and maintaining models in production
- Experience with machine learning and deep learning toolkits and frameworks
- Ability to frame business problems as automated decision solutions
- Intelligent but practical; you want to get things done and love simplicity
- You’re humble, effective, and biased toward action and learning
Nice to haves:
- Experience with two-sided marketplaces (platforms), financial markets and economic theory or driving operational or product improvements through automated decision making
- Experience developing mature models and doing the tough research work to unlock value
- Experience with Big Data Tools
About us Convoy is reinventing the supply chain with technology-backed full service trucking. Convoy offers guaranteed capacity and innovative real-time GPS tracking via our connected carrier network.
Want to learn more about Convoy? Visit Convoy's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.