Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, where even 10 years ago, most truck drivers did not have smartphones and paper driver logs were common. In 2015, Convoy launched the digital freight movement with an open and fully connected marketplace for brands and manufacturers to work directly with freight carriers who move truckload shipments throughout the country. This ‘Digital Freight Network’ is powered by machine learning and automation, and supported by a broad, ever-growing set of features that benefit both sides of the marketplace.
We’ve been honored to work with some great companies, such as Unilever, The Home Depot, and Procter & Gamble. We’ve also been backed by world-class investors, including Google, YCombinator, Fidelity, Greylock Generation, Lone Pine, T. Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, Starbucks, and others. We are proud to have been named a CNBC Disruptor 50 Winner (3x), a Fast Company World Changing Idea, a LinkedIn Top Startup, a Forbes' Best Startup Employer, one of Fortune Magazine's 'Impact 20' list, a best place to work in Washington State, a BloombergNEF Pioneer winner, and more.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help us transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste.
You are eager to join a fast paced, rapidly growing startup, and be part of an exciting team that manages our operations work in collaboration with our offshore vendors. As part of the Vendor Operations team, you will be responsible for overseeing a select portfolio of outsourced tasks and managing the day to day operations of those tasks to meet and exceed account goals. You will also be responsible for driving overall programs and projects related to your portfolio of tasks to help the Vendor Operations team achieve departmental goals and improve quality/efficiency. You are a strategic-thinker, problem-focused and efficiency-obsessed with a high sense of urgency to help Convoy scale.
- Take ownership of one of our vendor operations lines of business, as the main point of contact, and become the internal point of contact to cross-functional partners
- Work closely with your vendor team to achieve key daily, weekly, and monthly operational goals
- Design, iterate, and scale experiments to improve operational quality and efficiency, in collaboration with our vendors and internal teams
- Communicate to senior operations leaders on projects, goals, and priorities
- Identify new tasks to transition to your vendor team and project manage the transition of those tasks from other teams within Convoy
We're looking for someone who has:
- 2+ years of professional work experience in a related field, such as Business Process Outsourcing (BPO), analytics, operations, strategy or consulting
- Strong research, testing, and process improvement skills; good at creating and analyzing business information, creating dashboards, tracking key business metrics with exceptional Excel and data management skills
- Exceptional communication skills; ability to empathize with stakeholder needs and drive alignment across multiple teams
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills; ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to manage process improvement projects from ideation to execution and evaluation
- Bachelor’s degree or higher required
Nice to haves:
- Startup experience
- Proficiency in SQL
- Technical undergraduate degree (engineering, finance, math/sciences, economics)
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!