Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, where even 10 years ago, most truck drivers did not have smartphones and paper driver logs were common. In 2015, Convoy launched the digital freight movement with an open and fully connected marketplace for brands and manufacturers to work directly with freight carriers who move truckload shipments throughout the country. This ‘Digital Freight Network’ is powered by machine learning and automation, and supported by a broad, ever-growing set of features that benefit both sides of the marketplace.
We’ve been honored to work with some great companies, such as Unilever, The Home Depot, and Procter & Gamble. We’ve also been backed by world-class investors, including Google, YCombinator, Fidelity, Greylock Generation, Lone Pine, T. Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, Starbucks, and others. We are proud to have been named a CNBC Disruptor 50 Winner (3x), a Fast Company World Changing Idea, a LinkedIn Top Startup, a Forbes' Best Startup Employer, one of Fortune Magazine's 'Impact 20' list, a best place to work in Washington State, a BloombergNEF Pioneer winner, and more.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help us transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste.
Convoy is establishing a team of talented, thoughtful engineers to automate the logistics industry. Our goal is to develop amazing software to make trucking efficient while growing ourselves and our coworkers sustainably. You should pride yourself on developing products at light speed, while simultaneously being intentional in your approach towards the process, communication, and building systems.
- Build delightful and innovative features that make it easier for our customers to run their businesses. Our customers include small trucking companies all the way to large, well known brands who need to ship their products.
- Invent best-in-industry tools while working side-by-side with our operations and business teams.
- Write scalable software that helps us efficiently handle the large amount of shipment volume on our platform. For example, we process millions of dollars of payments.
- Use machine learning to improve our margins or brokerage efficiency. Some of the problems we solve include automating our operations processes, forecasting prices, matching shipments, and personalizing the product experience for our individual customers.
We're looking for someone who has:
- 5-8 years of industry experience building production software
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- Proven track record of technical leadership and driving strategy behind complex projects
- Strong sense of ownership
- Growth mindset and is able to rapidly learn new technologies and concepts to meet the needs of our customers
- General knowledge of both frontend and backend technologies with a good understanding of multi-service architectures
- Ability to help cultivate flexible, diverse and empathetic engineering teams
- Proven track record contributing to recruiting, team building and mentorship of talent across your organization
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!