Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, where even 10 years ago, most truck drivers did not have smartphones and paper driver logs were common. In 2015, Convoy launched the digital freight movement with an open and fully connected marketplace for brands and manufacturers to work directly with freight carriers who move truckload shipments throughout the country. This ‘Digital Freight Network’ is powered by machine learning and automation, and supported by a broad, ever-growing set of features that benefit both sides of the marketplace.
We’ve been honored to work with some great companies, such as Unilever, The Home Depot, and Procter & Gamble. We’ve also been backed by world-class investors, including Google, YCombinator, Fidelity, Greylock Generation, Lone Pine, T. Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, Starbucks, and others. We are proud to have been named a CNBC Disruptor 50 Winner (3x), a Fast Company World Changing Idea, a LinkedIn Top Startup, a Forbes' Best Startup Employer, one of Fortune Magazine's 'Impact 20' list, a best place to work in Washington State, a BloombergNEF Pioneer winner, and more.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help us transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste.
Come write history with us as we stand up the Company’s SalesTech stack. We’re looking for an experienced leader/architect to lead our team through that next chapter of growth.
Fun Fact! Our Sales team's CRM utilization has risen over 1000% this last year, our Email Automation software utilization has risen over 27000% percent, and 3 other tools utilization is up infinity%! And, we’re just getting started. Sound like a fun place to be? Your team helped orchestrate these explosive growth numbers and we’re just getting started.
In this position, you will be the tip of the spear in terms of shaping Convoy’s digital sales tech landscape, including strategic design, implementation, expansion, and ultimate optimization to support our rapidly growing Shipper Sales & Account Management teams. You will guide a team of developers and administrators through the planning and execution of a strategic roadmap designed to support & scale the rapid growth of our sales teams as we take it to the next gear!
Three reasons why you want this job:
1. The opportunity to build and move fast. When you join, you’ll have the chance to help define our information and systems architecture, build new workflows, crank out a bunch of reports, and continually optimize our systems.
2. Cool tech that truly benefits people and our planet. Our teams are doing transformative work in logistics technology. Their efforts help truck drivers earn more and shippers achieve their sustainability goals. If you like geeky tech and you want your work to have real meaning, Convoy is a great place to be.
3. People who aren’t just wicked smart. Having smart people is necessary but insufficient for a great work environment. What I love about Convoy is that people here are down-to-Earth, collaborative, and excited to be doing what they do and be part of building a company together.
- Own the Sales Technology program End-to End
- Lead a high-performing, high-qualify team of developers and admins focused on delivery and optimization of our SalesTech stack that supports all of our revenue-generating teams
- Shape the User Experience by collaborating with cross-disciplinary teams to bring your vision to life
- Acquire new technology & develop custom solutions on top of our salesforce platform to help our sales teams sell smarter, better, and faster
- Integrate our sales technology stack with other custom home-grown tools and data sources to build a connected ecosystem
- Develop & democratize data - you will live in the data details, create new data capture mechanisms, ensure the integrity of existing data collection mechanisms, develop visibility and connectivity for analysis by our Analytics team.
- Automate, automate, automate
- Make a big impact, all while solving meaningful problems and defining new design patterns and paradigms
- Be a key member of the RevOps team - we’re a close-knit, new, scrappy team that are solving some of the most critical challenges at Convoy.
We're looking for someone who has:
- Back-end experience with Salesforce.com, Gong.io, ZoomInfo, Aircall, People.ai, Outreach.io, Boomi, LinkedIn, Gainsight, Einstein Analytics, and other related sales & customer success software
- 10+ years of experience in Salesforce-based development, project management, or consulting, BI, or strategy roles
- 3+ years of management experience
- Ability to break down high level business problems into concrete analytical solutions and have the ability to build those solutions
- Ability to design, code, test, debug, and maintain software applications
- Experience developing and delivering solutions to real customer problems, preferably with an emphasis on Sales, Customer Service, Operations, and/or Marketing issues
- Experience with integrations and knowledge of integration patterns
- Strong business analysis and functional experience, including requirements gathering, creating/deploying solutions to end users
- Superior organizational and time management skills; Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects and tasks
- SQL proficiency
- Advanced Administrator (ADM-211 or ADM-301), Developer (DEV-401) Salesforce.com Certification
- Strong communication and keen attention to detail
- Ability to excel in a dynamic work environment as an early member of a growing team
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!