Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, where even 10 years ago, most truck drivers did not have smartphones and paper driver logs were common. In 2015, Convoy launched the digital freight movement with an open and fully connected marketplace for brands and manufacturers to work directly with freight carriers who move truckload shipments throughout the country. This ‘Digital Freight Network’ is powered by machine learning and automation, and supported by a broad, ever-growing set of features that benefit both sides of the marketplace.
We’ve been honored to work with some great companies, such as Unilever, The Home Depot, and Procter & Gamble. We’ve also been backed by world-class investors, including Google, YCombinator, Fidelity, Greylock Generation, Lone Pine, T. Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, Starbucks, and others. We are proud to have been named a CNBC Disruptor 50 Winner (3x), a Fast Company World Changing Idea, a LinkedIn Top Startup, a Forbes' Best Startup Employer, one of Fortune Magazine's 'Impact 20' list, a best place to work in Washington State, a BloombergNEF Pioneer winner, and more.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help us transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste.
As Sr. Sales Incentive Compensation Analyst, you will be responsible for the administration and analysis of our variable incentive compensation plans for 200+ payees across the Shipper Sales Organization. In this critical role, you will get an opportunity to help grow and improve all aspects of our variable incentive program, including; effective design, communication, payout computation, analysis, and change management of these plans.
With Convoy’s rapid growth and the introduction of many new exciting product offerings and selling roles, you must be an experienced compensation plan manager well-versed in the art and science of incentive compensation design and administration. This includes the many forms of variable compensation including commissions, bonuses, prizes, SPIFFs, and other recognition programs.
You should be highly analytical, resourceful, customer-focused, team-oriented, and have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. You will be comfortable thinking big and diving deep. A proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic business environment.
You also must be a builder at heart as we are still very much in our infancy on our journey to build out a world class incentive compensation program. This includes, but is not limited to building and communicating the plans, establishing best practices and standard operating procedures, the creation of calculation engines and performance measurement metrics, and monitoring plan effectiveness.
- Calculate commission/incentive award payments to sales personnel based on commission plan provisions
- Support the development, implementation, communication and administration of sales commission or incentive programs, plans, policies and quotas.
- Review commission payment reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of commission payments as outlined in the plan.
- Resolve reconciliation issues.
- Analyze sales performance results, prepare commission expense reports, presentations and recommendations for sales and/or finance management.
- Use spreadsheets, Salesforce, Tableau and other programs to gather data for payment calculation or analysis.
- Contribute to the development and/or improvement of systems to effectively track or capture data.
- Perform cost analysis & modeling of alternative commission/incentive plan design or quota levels.
- Have the opportunity to stand up brand New Sales Incentive Compensation system
We're looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Finance, Human Behavior or related field
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, with the ability to synthesize, simplify and explain complex problems to different types of audience. Comfortable to lead and influence without authority
- Must have 4-5 years experience at an administrative level working with company leadership to design and administer compensation plans or other related Sales Operations experience.
- Proficient in Excel/Google Sheets or other compensation calculation tools is required
- Experience with Sales Incentive Compensation Software solutions such as CaptivateIQ, SPIFF, Varicent, Xactly, or other.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while remaining cognizant of company strategies.
- Ability to easily incorporate new strategies into day-to-day activities.
- Proven time management skills: experience multitasking, prioritizing, and executing tasks in a high-pressure, complex, quota-driven sales environment.
- Experience in both Fortune 1000 & start up organizations preferred
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!