Senior Manager, Strategic Business Development
Convoy, Seattle, Washington
- Lead critical strategy, development and growth of the mid-market segment within Convoy’s portfolio, driving both new customer acquisition and growth of existing customers.
- Develop a deep understanding of Convoy - our offerings and market positioning, and play a key role in establishing and nurturing long term partnerships with mid-market and broader Sales leadership teams.
- Be a critical member of the revenue organization’s leadership; influencing our story/value proposition, go-to-market strategy and program offerings.
- Managing a team of highly skilled sales executives - coaching and challenging them to achieve ambitious goals, while nurturing longer-term career goals.
- Developing and executing data-driven sales processes (e.g. pipeline management and forecasting discipline).
- Building strong advocacy with key internal partner teams such as Legal, Pricing, Finance, Marketing and Product to accelerate deal velocity and growth.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 7+ years of sales leadership experience in the tech industry or transportation/supply chain industry (e.g. managing and building teams, demonstrated success in growing client revenue and customer satisfaction).
- Experience managing high performing sales teams, including salespeople who’ve sold to Fortune 500 companies; within the C-Suite of said companies.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in managing and influencing decision-makers and key stakeholders internally and externally.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to positively impact and influence; strong peer relationship skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong ability to develop and maintain internal relationships and build trust; thinking big and driving depth in customer engagement via internal partnerships.
- Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously; prioritizing individual and sales professional time and customer focus.
- Comfort with ambiguity; ability to be flexible in a rapidly changing environment that moves quickly.
- You are a self starter; comfortable with defining goals, success factors, and key metrics for programs, and delivering against them.
- You have the demonstrated ability to be an inspirational leader, including building and maintaining strong team culture and morale.
- You have strong analytical abilities with a background in planning and managing through data to make business decisions and drive business efficiency.
- You have excellent interpersonal communication skills; written and verbal.
Nice to haves:
- BA/BS degree.
- Experience building & scaling teams.
- Experience leading teams at a startup.
About us Convoy is reinventing the supply chain with technology-backed full service trucking. Convoy offers guaranteed capacity and innovative real-time GPS tracking via our connected carrier network.
Want to learn more about Convoy? Visit Convoy's website.
File hosting service