Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 87 million registered learners as of June 30, 2021. Coursera partners with over 200 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including Guided Projects, courses, Specializations, certificates, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Institutions around the world use Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students in many high-demand fields, including data science, technology, and business. Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021.
We are looking for a Global Director of Government Customer Success to manage a team of high-performing Customer Success Managers in North America that help organizations across the region build relevant skills for the future.
You will be a key member of the leadership team with significant revenue responsibility. Through your team, you will be responsible for closing renewals and (in partnership with sales) you will co-own revenue responsibility for upsells.
You will help your teams work with customer stakeholders to identify and accomplish their business goals and be able to recognize and communicate the value Coursera brings to their organization. You will work to execute proactive customer engagement and retention strategy, drive ongoing adoption initiatives, drive EBRs and Account planning, forecast and close predictable renewals. In this cross-functional role, you can expect to work with members within Sales, Marketing, Product, Finance, Learner Operations, and Legal.
You will also be expected to be an exceptional people manager and drive hiring, development, and retention for your team of high performing individuals.
*Ideally this position will be located on the East Coast to accommodate global office hours.
- Meet and exceed all quarterly renewal rate and renewal bookings goals
- Drive strategy of land and expand within key partnership base as well as drive strategy and operations post sales for global government post sales business
- Develop insights to help grow core business and new logos
- Work cross-functionally to create best practices and core artifacts for customer engagement
- Manage and own key aspects such as advisory boards and NPS. Own overall global metrics for government post sales.
- Manage a global team of Government Customer Success Managers
- 15+ years of experience in sales/account management/Customer Success/Revenue Ownership
- Commercial experience
- Government experience
- Experience managing a global business with a large teams
- Spanish language skills (ideal but not required)
- MBA/Master Degrees
- EdTech Experience
- SaaS experience
- L&D Experience
Coursera is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please contact us at [email protected]