- Mentoring: Acting as a role model, aiding in career development conversations, inspiring engineers, providing feedback.
- Hiring: Building a vision of team skill sets, identifying key growth areas, managing the hiring pipeline.
- Advising: Providing technical suggestions to engineers as they grow into engineering leaders in their product work.
- Product enablement: Acting as a curator of a vision, discussing needs with stakeholders, prioritizing, driving forward on key initiatives, running sprint planning meetings, and stand ups.
- Platform leadership: balancing effective product feature delivery against managing tech debt and creating a high-leverage product platform to accelerate and improve many different initiatives.
- Mediating: Investigating interpersonal issues, facilitating crucial conversations.
- Bachelors in computer science or relevant degree OR 3+ years of experience as an engineering IC
- 5+ years in product development or a related field, 3+ years in a management position
- Leadership (integrity, transparency, inspiration)Emotional intelligence (empathy, humility, patience, communication skills)
- Problem-solving (creativity, technical rigor, intelligence)
- Excellence in ambiguous and complex situations (clarity of vision, boldness, grit)
- Experience balancing effective product feature delivery against managing tech debt and creating a high-leverage product platform
- Experience managing a team owning product platforms or components of a product platform, especially if you had firsthand experience creating and formulating the charter and ownership boundaries for such a team
Coursera is an education-focused technology company that connects millions of learners around the world with the skills and knowledge they need to transform their lives and careers. We're providing access to top-quality university-level education at a previously unimagined scale, empowering learners, organizations, and enterprises to build the skills they need to succeed in the 21st century.
Want to learn more about Coursera? Visit Coursera's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.