The Product Design team at Creative Market is deepening our commitment to our customers by establishing a remote Design Research practice. The Senior Design Researcher will bring their knowledge of research methods and effective research operations, quickly establishing a practice that will make an impact. The Senior Design Researcher will become a critical contributor throughout the discovery and design process. The company will see improved alignment through a shared understanding of our customers and helping our teams focus on the right problems, thanks to your efforts. Ultimately, as a member of our team, the Researcher helps Creative Market support the creative and professional endeavors of our customers.
Creative Market is the world’s marketplace for design — a platform where creators across the globe buy and sell digital design assets. We’re passionate about building tools and experiences that make beautiful, effective design simple and accessible to everyone. Our platform is used by millions and we’re growing rapidly. We need your help to continue to craft our product with purpose and intention.
This is a remote position, working with a distributed team, reporting to the Director of Product Design.
You will define and support research operations that provide the infrastructure for the recruitment and management of participants along with a catalog of findings used throughout the company
- Bring your substantial experience as a research team lead, “team of one,” or other key contributing team member, to identify and solve efficiencies in our research process
- Determine the right blend of tools and automation to support the process so you can ultimately stay focused on the research
- Define an ongoing customer research process, along with project-driven research and validation efforts, tuned for the Creative Market team
- Identify and own the process that provides the most efficient and effective method to recruit and manage participants
- Set up a robust system for collecting, organizing, and accessing user feedback that anyone at the company can easily reference.
You will integrate into our product discovery, design, and validation process, becoming a valuable advocate for the customer within the company
- Stakeholders will seek your perspective to assess the need for project-specific research, including selecting appropriate research methods
- Proactively reach across the entire company to share relevant insights with any teams or team members, pushing customer insights throughout the company
- Through partnership and demonstration, model best practices of user research to the rest of the Product and Product Design team
- Directly, or through collaboration, contribute to the company’s product roadmap
- You are a comfortable communicator and collaborator, whatever the medium: video conferences, presentations, written documents, or casual Slack communications
Your research contribution and insight will dramatically deepen the company's understanding of our customers
- Set a high standard for the quality of research through your practice, delivering foundational and actionable insight for product teams
- Assume the role of customer expert through your own testing, conversations with customers
- Maintain a transparent process while always working to reconcile bias and seek improvement
- Use proven qualitative and quantitative methodologies to hone in on the causes of problems, not just the symptoms
- Triangulate key insights about our customers from multiple data sources and observations, identifying what data is most valuable
- Use of an inclusive research process that partners closely with stakeholders and increases company exposure hours to customers across our product stakeholder teams
- Take accountability for the efficacy of the research practice while working individually and across stakeholders
Creative Market actively encourages applicants from all backgrounds, races, gender identities, and orientations, because we believe that diversity makes for better companies.
We're a 45-person Series A startup that works remotely with employees in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Idaho, Minnesota, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Texas, and Washington. We currently are only accepting candidates residing in these states.
About Creative Market
Creative Market is a platform for handcrafted, mousemade design content from independent creatives around the world. We're passionate about making beautiful design simple and accessible to everyone.