Incident Analyst - Vulnerability (London OR Leeds)
Credit Karma, London, UK
Your credit scores should be free. And now they are.
What You’ll Do
- Primary duty is responding to security events and incidents
- Secondary duty will be assisting in Vulnerability Management activities
- Incident Response activities will include, but are not limited to, triaging security events, network and endpoint forensic analysis, malware reverse engineering, threat hunting, vulnerability issues, and resolving security incidents from detection to remediation.
- Engage with partners in engineering, IT, and operations to respond to and remediate events.
- Builds and implements standard operating procedures and processes to help streamline investigations, daily monitoring and analysis research to ensure all analysts are effective
- Find opportunities for implementing additional technology controls to create more visibility or defend key points of attack.
- Carry out threat hunting campaigns and missions
- Coordination and execution of purple teaming exercises
- Design visualizations of key sustaining metrics for 24x7 panes of glass.
What’s Great About It
- Carrying out two positive missions at the same time: helping people take back control of their credit and helping to keep their personal information safe.
- Solving frontier security problems at scale in a highly technology-focused team.
- Spending zero minutes convincing anyone why security is important - we all understand that very well already!
What We Expect
- 5+ years experience in working in cyber security operations (CSOC, SOC, CIRT, CSIRT) enterprise environment
- Understanding of the Cyber Kill Chain framework and Diamond Model for intrusion analysis
- Strong knowledge of tools used for network security (Data Loss Prevention, Network Intrusion Prevention Systems, Host Intrusion Prevention Systems, Anti-Virus, Firewalls, etc.)
- Experience with languages such as; Python, Java, Scala, PowerShell, Bash, etc.
- Experience with the Network Security Monitoring (NSM) methodologies
- Experience in Ethical Hacking or Red Team.
- Experience with vulnerability scanners such as: Qualys, Nessus, Metasploit, Rapid7
- Experience with endpoint detection and response (EDR) suites (CrowdStrike, McAfee EPO, OSSEC, Yara, MIR, CarbonBlack, Tanium, etc.)
- Experience with host-centric tools for forensic collection and analysis (SleuthKit, Volatility Framework, FTK, Encase, etc.)
- Experience with Network Forensics and/or Network Security Monitoring (NSM) tools (Snort, Bro-IDS, PCAP, tcpdump, etc.) and analysis techniques (alert, flow/session and PCAP analysis)
- Experience with SAAS, PAAS, IAAS, public and private cloud technologies, Docker, Kubernetes, etc
- A fun and positive attitude!
- Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look here to review our policy-- if you have any questions, please direct them to [email protected]
About Credit Karma
Our Mission Everyone deserves to feel confident about their finances. Our job is to give you the tools, the education and the opportunities you need to make real, meaningful progress. Thinking about your finances can be frustrating, but we're working to make the process simpler and easier to understand for over 75 million Credit Karma members.