Senior Software Engineer - International & Canada Team
Credit Karma, San Francisco, CA
Your credit scores should be free. And now they are.
What You'll Do
- Drive a technical vision for the engineering organization around scaling internationally
- Lead key efforts including build out of new product features, design & development of new microservices, and extending Credit Karma’s platform to new countries and markets
- Take an active role in the technical growth of other team members, and the processes that support overall team growth
- Scoping and planning work across multi-team efforts, working closely with business partners to define a product vision in technical terms, and plan implementation and delivery
What's Great About It
- The autonomy, pace, and quick decisioning of a startup, with the stability of Credit Karma’s mature platform and business.
- Lots of opportunity to break new ground, discover and solve brand new challenges, and make key decisions impacting a large engineering organization
- Have the autonomy to achieve results without micromanagement.
- Credit Karma is an equal opportunity employer, and we highly encourage people of all backgrounds to apply; This is especially true on the International team where each of us should have empathy for members, partners and colleagues of diverse backgrounds
Experience We're Looking For
- Professional experience developing large-scale, high-volume services
- Significant professional experience in server-side development
- Knowledge in microservice architectures, messaging patterns, deployment models, domain driven design
- Professional experience across entire software development process, from development environment, to CI & CD, to production deployment, product and application performance measurement
- Approaches problems with a pragmatic, analysis driven approach - understands well trade-offs between perfection and time, with an eye towards iterative delivery of product features, and utilizes this capacity to plan and deliver on product requirements
- Confident articulating complex technical content to peers and partners
- React experience a plus
- Node.js experience a plus
- DevOps experience a plus, specifically Docker, Kubernetes, cloud services
- Proven ability and interest in mentorship of junior engineers
- A fun and positive attitude!
About Credit Karma
Our Mission Everyone deserves to feel confident about their finances. Our job is to give you the tools, the education and the opportunities you need to make real, meaningful progress. Thinking about your finances can be frustrating, but we're working to make the process simpler and easier to understand for over 75 million Credit Karma members.
Want to learn more about Credit Karma? Visit Credit Karma's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Software Engineer in Test (REF15117D) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
Visa, Foster City CA, US