Print Production Designer
Cricut, South Jordan UT, US
We help people lead creative lives
Are you a perfectionist? Do you love small details and aligning everything just right? If yes, read on. As the Packaging Production Designer, you will play an integral role in creating impeccable packaging mechanicals for printing that ultimately ensure final packaging deliverables are produced at high quality standards. As a member of the Visual Design team, you will work cross functionally with product teams to ensure packaging manufacturers are delivering products that meet our brand standards.
We are looking for a meticulous Packaging Production Designer with print production design knowledge & experience and digital design knowledge. This role is part of the Packaging team and will be instrumental in shaping a world class Cricut® brand packaging system.
- Create flawless mechanicals across all Cricut® products in partnership with the Packaging team to align on consistency of mechanicals and packaging mechanical best practices
- Work seamlessly in Workfront, Cricut®’s PLM, and other file sharing methods for proofing and approval of all mechanicals
- Work in lock step with the Packaging team and build strong relationships with Industrial Design, Product teams, and Legal team
- Work closely with Creative Project Managers to coordinate project deadlines and priorities
- Evaluate and proof fidelity of deliverables and continuously look for ways to drive quality
- Ensure timely delivery of all digital files to printers
- Maintain strong understanding of current technologies, including packaging and printing industry best practices
- 3-4 years of experience in related role as a Print Production Artist
- Extremely detail oriented with an acute eye for color accuracy
- Excellent communication and collaborations skills with ability to demonstrate integrity, maturity, and a constructive approach to challenges
- Highly self-motivated, comfortable with ambiguity, able to navigate project complexities on your own
- Thrives in a deadline-driven environment with the ability to manage multiple priority projects simultaneously and consistently maintain on-time deliverables
- Works quickly & efficiently and displays organizational skills
- Ability to build effective both internal and external relationships
- Brings a positive and enthusiastic attitude in all endeavor
- Solid understanding of pre-press and full-color printing processes
- Stellar portfolio showcasing complex packaging production projects
- Excellent technical skills in Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience in production design for consumer products a plus
- You will be required to attend weekly on-site meetings with the packaging team at the Cricut office.
NOTE: Applications will not be considered without a portfolio with packaging samples.
What to Do Next:
Please attach your resume including links to your portfolio where applicable. If you want to show your super powers in other ways – include that information too. You can be sure that Cricut® is an employer who values individuality, equality and diversity, so tell us what you’re all about. If you are a Maker or a DIY enthusiast, whether you think you are a good one or not, we would love to hear about it when you send us your information!
At Cricut®, we celebrate inclusion and diversity. Cricut is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions based on merit. Cricut prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Cricut participates in E-Verify.
From the beginning, our dream has been to help people lead creative lives by providing tools to make their do-it-yourself projects beautiful, fun, and easy. When we built our first cutting machine, we saw the potential for a simple yet powerful tool to completely transform the way people think about crafting, designing, and making. Since then, we’ve continued to innovate with new machines, materials, and tools, and Cricut users worldwide continue to amaze us with the personal, meaningful, and unique things that they make.
Want to learn more about Cricut? Visit Cricut's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.