Great visuals tell stories that touch hearts, open minds, and even influence what we buy, eat, and do. That’s why CrowdRiff exists: to connect brands and consumers alike with the captivating imagery that makes a real impact. As a market leader in travel and tourism technology, we help get people excited to scuba dive in Tahiti, explore Napa’s wine country, and bungee jump in Queenstown. CrowdRiff’s visual marketing platform helps marketers source, organize and publish visuals at scale.
Our team is a quirky and diverse crew that has one thing in common: our love for great visuals. Every day, we work across desks, departments and even oceans to reach our goals, and delight our customers. If you’re passionate about helping everyone see what matters, you’re just our type.
Your Role: Site Reliability Engineer
As a member of the Site Reliability Engineering team, your focus would be on ensuring that our systems are healthy, streamlined and, well, reliable! You'll work with our entire engineering team to scale, monitor, and own CrowdRiff's technical infrastructure.
We're looking for a strong technical communicator who takes an empathetic approach in working with everyone. We firmly believe in the DevOps philosophy and work to improve our colleagues' efficiency, knowledge, and happiness day-to-day. We also value passion for learning over pure technical experience, but it would be great if you had both!
Some of the things we're looking for:
- Working knowledge of cloud infrastructure management (ideally AWS)
- Familiarity with container orchestration systems such as Kubernetes, and microservice architectures
- Strong experience shell scripting and experience coding in higher-level languages
- Good systems-level understanding of Linux and TCP/IP fundamentals
- Experience implementing and maintaining metrics collection and storage systems such as Prometheus
- Familiarity with continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD)
- Experience with infrastructure as code tooling (Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.)
- Troubleshooting and incident management experience
- Knowledge of SRE concepts and philosophies
If this sounds like you (even a little bit), we want to hear from you! Here at CrowdRiff, we feel that great skills build great teams. Big (and small) ideas and diversity of thought build great products, so we’d love to start a discussion to understand how we could work together. We’re always looking for smart, kind, and dedicated people interested in working at the intersection of travel, tech, and visual media.
Our infrastructure lives inside of AWS, and we utilize multiple Kubernetes clusters to run our many services built in Go, Node, and Typescript. We also host and maintain PostgreSQL and Elasticsearch clusters that act as our data storage and in-house search solutions.
All applications are containerized, and projects can be built and tested with a single command. Continuous integration is done via TravisCI, and projects are auto-deployed upon test success. Applications autoscale based on resource utilization, and we monitor, log, and alert on application performance using Prometheus, AlertManager, Grafana, and Papertrail.
- Interesting, challenging work + a friendly, inclusive culture
- A generous vacation policy and unique travel-focused benefits. If you like, you’ll even be able to visit our client destinations around the globe!
- Light filled, dog-friendly and human-friendly office near King + Spadina
CrowdRiff is an equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
CrowdRiff is an AI-powered visual content marketing platform purpose-built for the travel and tourism industry. CrowdRiff's platform combines UGC image discovery, digital asset management and seamless content delivery so marketing teams can harness the power of visuals at scale.
CrowdRiff is proud to work with over 250 of the world's leading travel and tourism brands including Visit Colorado, Destination BC, the Children's Museum of Indianapolis and Visit Pittsburgh.