CryptoMove, San Francisco, CA
A decentralized datavault that protects data, with any algorithm, in any environment
CryptoMove is the emerging leader in data security — protecting data with decentralized moving target defense. CryptoMove’s patented platform protects data with dynamic movement, mutation, fragmentation, and re-encryption. With any algorithm. In any infrastructure environment. Within a year of launching from stealth, CryptoMove is revolutionizing data security for Fortune 500 leaders across industries, including finance, media, insurance, health care, and others. CryptoMove also works with top federal agencies including the Department of Homeland Security. Use cases include protecting crown jewel data in untrusted cloud and distributed environments, edge infrastructure, IoT devices such as drones, and securing blockchain-based applications.
Our team has been on the ground floor of multiple of the most successful startups of the last decade, and has experience growing businesses through hyperscale from $0 to $100m+ ARR. CryptoMove is a Series A-stage revenue generating startup and well funded by multiple top-tier VCs including Social Capital, Draper Associates and founders and security leaders from Google, JPMorgan, Cisco, Juniper, FireEye, Palo Alto Networks, Facebook, and others.
We're hiring software engineers to join our team, which includes distributed computing experts, inventors of programming languages, and founding startup engineers with exits. This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing startup on the ground floor (we have less than 15 people now). We are based in Jack London Square, Oakland, with a 95+ walk score and convenient commute options. Join us!
We need hackers who can build rapid prototypes, ship fast, invent new solutions to hard problems, take pride and ownership in their work, and want to work in a top-tier technical team.
Hands on experience in the following areas:
- Expert C/C++
- Server-side programming experience
- Data access/control/manipulation & storage systems
- Multi-threading: Ability to debug multithreaded distributed programs with gdb or another low-level debugging facility is a must. Applying principles of distributed Object-Oriented and Agent-based concepts in design and implementation of distributed software applications in C++
- Highly distributed systems: Experience in building and deployment of the server software on distributed server, container, and virtual machine infrastructure
- Unix/Linux: Design, development, debugging, and maintenance of high-performance UNIX server software. UNIX or LINUX OS architecture elements, including but not limited to such facilities and their system calls as in the areas of TCP/IP and UNIX Domain sockets, shared memory handling, dynamic shared library handling, signal processing, process control, and the intimate knowledge of file I/O including NFS, file change notification and file leasing techniques. UNIX/LINUX development tools including C++/g++, make, linker, and loader.
- [AND/OR] Windows: Windows distributed server software design, development, and implementation. Working knowledge of building and deployment servers on Windows. Hands-on use of Windows C++ development tools. Experience with optimal translation of UNIX/LINUX system calls to the Windows OS system calls in the context of highly efficient multithreaded distributed server software
- At least 4 years of work experience
- Experience working in fast and iterative development cycles.
- Independent, ownership mentality, team player, fast learner; side projects and history of tinkering a plus, startup experience
- Experience building products from scratch in small startup teams
- Advanced degree in CS or equivalent field from top institution, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with software security and cryptography a plus, including but not limited to a variety of symmetric encryption techniques, PKI, key distribution, key management, application security, and secure software development lifecycle practices
- Experience building enterprise-grade software and deploying @ F500 companies a plus
See more on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/cryptomove
January 2018 Series A announcement from Social Capital: https://medium.com/social-capital/data-protection-in-a-decentralized-world-social-capitals-series-a-investment-in-cryptomove-33fc557613f6
Learn more about decentralized moving target data protection on our blog: https://blog.cryptomove.com/
CryptoMove’s all-star team includes multiple prior founders and early stage leaders from PostPath, Cisco, Tanium, IEX, as well as data protection and cybercrime experts from major banks, federal agencies, and technology industry leaders.
They have invented distributed programming languages, been on the ground floor of multiple successful enterprise and security startups, and has built next-generation military moving target defense security technologies.
Want to learn more about CryptoMove? Visit CryptoMove's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.