Culture Amp is growing and we are looking to hire another People Scientist based in San Francisco. You’ll be a champion of feedback strategy and people analytics, serving as the primary lead for customers wishing to link their feedback data to business outcomes.
Who We Are:
Culture Amp is the world’s leading people analytics platform. We're passionate about helping companies understand the connection between people and culture. Our customizable survey platform captures employee feedback and real-time data, telling a story to help organizations make better people decisions. Our team combines deep knowledge in psychology, statistics, UX, and engineering. We help thousands of the most culture focussed organizations in the world build better workplaces. From the likes of Airbnb, Adobe, Tumblr, Slack, Warby Parker, Etsy and many more.
What is the opportunity for you?
The People Scientist role entails being a thought leader in the HR and employee feedback space while assisting customers with survey question design, analyzing survey results, and establishing feedback strategies for our customers at the organization, group, and individual level. Your greatest skill is being able to listen, understand our customers’ needs, and provide direction around advanced analytics that help customers get the most from their survey data. You love people and your passion lies in diving into data to uncover stories and provide insights, as well as imparting knowledge to up-skill customers and coworkers. We want someone who shares our passion for simplifying the feedback strategy and data analysis with the goal of elevating our clients’ effectiveness. Someone who is comfortable meetings with customers to discuss their goals, dive into data that might be messy, and think with innovation about how to link feedback data with customer business outcomes to answer research questions and tell the best story. This customer-facing position is a mid- to senior-level role with no direct reports.
Your role at Culture Amp:
- Work with client data and survey outcomes to identify the most valuable themes and stories to help our clients improve their culture and business outcomes
- Mine and analyze data from customer databases to drive feedback strategies, answer research questions, and improve company culture in companies across markets and industry sectors
- Serve as a champion for Culture Amp’s philosophy on how to best collect, understand, and act on employee feedback
- Contribute to survey question design sessions and lead virtual & in-person survey results review sessions with a variety of clients (e.g., People Managers, HRBPs, CEOs/Executives teams)
- Generate actionable and predictive insights from HR data sets, including engagement surveys, lifecycle experience surveys (onboarding to exit), and individual/team effectiveness feedback
- Support and build domain expertise for our customer facing teams through coaching and training
- Contribute to improving internal processes and culture within Culture Amp
What you’ll bring to Culture Amp:
- Experience working with surveys throughout the employee lifecycle (candidate, onboarding, engagement, inclusion, exit) and/or 360-type feedback processes.
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on linking data to business outcomes.
- Experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models, including knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SQL, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large (often messy) data sets preferred. Experience with People Data is a plus.
- Master’s in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Business Analytics, or another quantitative field (or equivalent in relevant experience).
- 3+ years of applied experience working in and/or consulting to organizations desirable.
After 3 months at Culture Amp, you’ll...
- Work within an interdisciplinary team directly supporting customers
- Work cross-functionally to teach new customers how to use the platform
- Enable HR leaders to influence change within their organizations by working with them on their employee engagement & effectiveness strategies
- Conduct survey design sessions, train customers on how to best interpret their results and dialog with them about how to best approach taking action on survey results
- Work with customers in all segments to answer research questions and conduct studies linking survey data to business outcomes
- Attend and present at a variety of events where we interact with our community – including People Geekup webinars, masterclasses, workshops, conferences
A few highlights from Culture Amp
If you are truly excited about this role and meet the requirements mentioned above, please submit: 1) your resume, and 2) a cover letter which identifies five specific reasons why you feel you’d be a great addition to our team. Thank you very much for your time and interest!
About Culture Amp
About us Culture Amp helps you make your company a better place to work. By making it easy to collect, understand and act on employee feedback, we enable HR leaders to make better decisions, demonstrate impact, and turn company culture into a competitive edge. Culture Amp’s on-demand platform is designed and supported by psychologists and data scientists to help you build an employee feedback program that will work for your organization. Working with Culture Amp allows you to tap into the creativity and experience of over 1000 innovative companies using Culture Amp to put culture first today. Culture Amp launched the world’s first on-demand employee feedback platform in 2012. Backed by Sapphire Ventures, Index Ventures, Felicis Ventures and Blackbird Ventures, we support our fast-growing global customer base from offices in Melbourne, San Francisco, New York and London.
Want to learn more about Culture Amp? Visit Culture Amp's website.
Jobs You May Like
Legal Operations Coordinator, Law Enforcement
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Insight Data Science Fellows Program - Seattle
Insight Fellows Programs, Starting June 4, 2018: Final Applications Due March 26 - Seattle
Data Science Instructor
General Assembly, Seattle
Senior Backend Engineer
Taboola, Be'er Sheva
Snap Inc., New York, NY
Scientist, Cellular Immunotherapy
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, MA, USA