Founded in 2013 and headquartered in Berlin, Dalia harnesses the app economy and advanced data science to distribute millions of micro surveys worldwide to gather and analyze real time data on consumer attitudes, public opinion and market trends. We cover everything from understanding public support for basic income, to using real time data to support the needs of disaster victims. Backed by some of Europe’s leading venture capital firms, Dalia has generated over a billion answers from people spread across 100 countries with the resulting data cited in over 2.000 news articles globally, with notable pieces in the Guardian, the Financial Times, the Washington Post, Quartz and Statista.
Read more on how we've setup our AWS infrastructure using Rails !
The journey that awaits you:
- Within in a high performing, agile environment, we work with the most advanced technologies out there; from AWS to auto scaling, NoSQL DBs, Docker, systems orchestration and more.
- Knowledge share and grow with a multi-skilled, international team, motivated by making a prominent dent in society, within a casual, non-hierarchical setting.
- Your endeavors will have significant impact company-wide, as the infrastructure you design will impact operational performance at a cross-functional scale. We’re on a fast-track, and in turn, so will your career as our Senior Infrastructure Development expert.
- You are accountable for Dalia’s IT and cloud based architectures. Furthermore, you will ensure continual improvements to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Manage monitoring/alert tools, master to master MySQL replication, backup/recovery strategy, server down strategy, and user rights policy.
- Manage SQL and NoSQL databases in a high availability environment.
Your profile includes:
- 3+ years of experience in building IT architectures and expertise in at least one scripting language.
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration. Configuration management tools (Puppet preferred). Strong experience with SQL, MySQL, NoSQL architectures.
- Extensive experience with Amazon Web Services environment: EC2, RDS, S3, Route 53, Beanstalk, as well as with logs management (logrotate, syslog-ng, ELK stack).
- Ability to write and understand highly technical documentation, with a natural skill to translate complicated technical concepts into documents.
Questions? email us at [email protected] or call us at +49 (0) 151 1654 5204
About Dalia Research
Our Story Dalia was founded in Berlin in 2013, with a clear vision to utilise mobile technology to change the way that attitudinal data is collected, analysed and presented. Our goal is to be known as the platform and methodology of choice for global consumer understanding. Since our founding we have experienced significant growth, been named Europe’s most innovative startup in 2015 and raised $7 million from Balderton Capital in a Series A round.
Want to learn more about Dalia Research? Visit Dalia Research's website.
Jobs You May Like
Staff/ Principal Software Engineer, Java
The Sourcery, Ripple
Software Development Engineer
Endurance International Group, Houston, TX
Getaround, San Francisco
Senior DevOps Engineer
Versus Systems, Los Angeles, CA
Senior API Engineer, Subscriptions
Ring Inc., Santa Monica, CA
Senior Director, Quality Assurance
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, MA USA