Dashlane is a password manager and online security app for everyone who lives, works, and plays on the internet. With a simple, intuitive design and patented security technology, Dashlane keeps passwords, personal data, and payment info at people's fingertips, so they can stop guessing passwords and wasting time filling out forms. Dashlane has helped over 11 million users in 180 countries manage and secure their digital identities and has enabled over $17 billion in e-commerce transactions. Our team in Paris, New York and Lisbon is united by our passion for password security and the belief that our success is built on the diverse backgrounds of every member.
You will be based in New York.
Dashlane is looking for a hands-on and experienced Engineering Manager to manage and grow the Backend team based in NYC. As an Engineering Manager, you will be in charge of managing, empowering and growing the team, while continuing to contribute to our codebase and be involved in technical and architectural decisions.
The Backend team is in charge of all our APIs, providing core functionalities to all our client applications like data synchronisation between devices, support for business features, subscriptions management among other things. These services are used daily by millions of users (which translates into hundreds of million of requests per day). The team is also in charge of securely storing our user's data and maintaining our infrastructure.
The role will be instrumental in improving Dashlane's current systems, processes, and infrastructure necessary to support future growth and expansion plans. You will be working closely with the engineering team based in New York, which will be doubling its size by the end of 2019.
- Manage and lead the backend team in New York, help them grow as engineers and follow their career development
- Recruit new developers and participate in Dashlane's effort to be visible in the tech community (e.g. by talking at meetups or conferences)
- Work in collaboration with the other Backend Engineering Manager (based in Paris) and business stakeholders to prioritize work and help the team achieve its goals
- Architect and design new features, anticipate and plan technical roadmap
- Ensure availability and reliability of our services in production, including databases, web services, and other integrations
- 2+ years experience in people management or mentoring other developers
- At least 5 years of experience in software development
- Proficient in at least one backend programming language (Node.js, Java, Go, Python...)
It’s great if:
- You have a track record for managing critical services that need to stay up 24/7
- You have good knowledge of relational and/or non-relational database(s)
- You are experienced with Agile methodologies
- You are experienced with cloud platforms (eg. AWS) & DevOps processes
- You are aware of the security implications of your own work (have you checked our zero-knowledge architecture white-paper?)
- You want to work and collaborate with teams that are located across the ocean in Paris and Lisbon
- Outstanding communication skills and exceptional eye for detail
At Dashlane, you will:
- Learn every day and be involved in many various projects
- Have a lot of autonomy to put into practice what you have learned and to implement your ideas for improvement
- Work with passionate teams of engineers, product managers, testers, customer agents, in a nice office and a multicultural environment
- Work in a company where the privacy and security of our users are core values of the product
- Wake up every morning, be excited to go to work and have fun!
Diversity at Dashlane:
A true international company, founded in Paris and currently split between Paris, New York, and Lisbon, we thrive off diverse perspectives. We recognize that diversity has different aspects: gender, sexual orientation, ability, ethnic origin, social background, age, lifestyle, and more. We're committed to hiring people that create a diverse community and foster a culture where everyone is heard and feels a sense of belonging.
Our team We created Dashlane for the two billion people that use the web.
Everyone that uses the web today faces some version of the password problem. Many know that their passwords are unsafe, either because they’re trivial to crack or they’re reused on several websites. Many others forget their passwords and stop using services, or shy away from new online services altogether – because remembering passwords and registering for new websites with new passwords is a pain.
And these folks are also constantly annoyed by having to type out long strings of meaningless numbers, dates, and codes to conduct a simple act of buying online (or even more painfully, on their mobile device) – an act that is as simple as a swipe in the physical world.
We created Dashlane to solve these problems with one neat solution that is simple, secure, and universal. Our users don’t trade security for convenience – they get both.
We created Dashlane because we are on a mission to fix the internet.
Want to learn more about Dashlane? Visit Dashlane's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineering Manager - San Francisco / San Jose
TrueAccord, San Francisco, CA
Sr. Software Engineer
Visa, Bellevue WA, US
Director of Engineering
Komodo Health, New York City
Hardware Reliability Engineer, Bikes & Scooters
Lyft, San Francisco
Modeling Team - Senior Software Engineer, Back-End
Looker, Santa Cruz