Web Engineering Manager - Browser Extension Team (Remote Eligible - US)
Dashlane, New York, NY
See jobs at Dashlane
Dashlane continues to hire passionate people to join our mission of making security simple for millions of organizations and their people. At Dashlane we believe in leading with employee choice and respect peoples' different needs and preferences. Our interview process follows this same principle. In light of the ongoing pandemic, most people are currently choosing to interview remotely via Zoom. If you have different preferences, we welcome you to discuss them with us and we'll do our best to accommodate.
Dashlane's mission is to make security simple for millions of organizations and their people. We empower businesses of every size to protect company and employee data while helping everyone easily log in to the accounts they need—anytime, anywhere.
Our global team with offices in Paris, New York, and Lisbon is united by a strong sense of community and passion for improving the digital experience. Over 15 million users and 20,000 businesses in 180 countries use Dashlane for a faster, simpler, and more secure internet.
This role can be either in person at our New York offices, or work remotely anywhere in the US.
About the role:
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to help us build, grow, and lead the teams focusing on our extension.
Our browser extension is the central piece of the Dashlane user experience on desktop environments. It's right here when you need it, showing up whenever you need to autofill or save data while you are browsing, and providing advanced tools to manage your vault through its embedded web application. It's built upon Open Web Platform and the WebExtensions API, using technologies like Typescript, React, Redux, Webpack, Jest, Cypress, Gitlab CI, ... among others. It's a full-fledged desktop application: to respect our zero-knowledge architecture, a lot of the business logic is happening in the extension background processes and not server-side.
At Dashlane you will:
- Help your direct reports to grow and develop as engineers, teammates, and leaders
- Recruit new software engineers and participate in Dashlane’s effort to be visible in the tech community
- Support teams and make them autonomous by giving them all the appropriate tools they need to deliver without friction
- Lead managerial initiatives to improve our current systems and processes in support of the company’s mission
- Work closely with product and business stakeholders
- Stay engaged with the browser extension codebase and technologies
- Help define the direction of the web platform to improve stability, security, and quality of the Dashlane product
- Work with passionate teams of managers, engineers, product managers, testers, customer support agents, and others in a friendly and multicultural environment
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering
- 2+ years of experience in hands-on people management (ideally in a distributed environment)
- Fluency in English
We're Also Looking For:
- Good knowledge of the Open Web Platform API
- Experience with a company at roughly Dashlane's size and scaling up (100-500 employees)
- Experience working in a distributed team across multiple timezones
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Dashlane:
A truly international company, founded in Paris and currently split between Paris, New York, and Lisbon, we thrive off diverse perspectives. We recognize that diversity has different aspects: gender, sexual orientation, ability, ethnic origin, social background, age, lifestyle, and more. We're committed to hiring people that create a diverse community and foster a culture where everyone is heard and feels a sense of belonging.
Your interview experience:
To know what to expect once you’ve sent your application, read about how we interview and hire at Dashlane in this blog article written by our Talent team. Feel free to browse our blog to find more information about our product and how we work.
We created Dashlane for the two billion people that use the web.
Everyone that uses the web today faces some version of the password problem. Many know that their passwords are unsafe, either because they’re trivial to crack or they’re reused on several websites. Many others forget their passwords and stop using services, or shy away from new online services altogether – because remembering passwords and registering for new websites with new passwords is a pain.
And these folks are also constantly annoyed by having to type out long strings of meaningless numbers, dates, and codes to conduct a simple act of buying online (or even more painfully, on their mobile device) – an act that is as simple as a swipe in the physical world.
We created Dashlane to solve these problems with one neat solution that is simple, secure, and universal. Our users don’t trade security for convenience – they get both.
We created Dashlane because we are on a mission to fix the internet.
Want to learn more about Dashlane? Visit Dashlane's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.