At Dashlane we believe in leading with employee choice and respect peoples' different needs and preferences. Our interview process follows this same principle. In light of the ongoing pandemic, most people are currently choosing to interview remotely via Zoom. If you have different preferences, we welcome you to discuss them with us and we'll do our best to accommodate.
Dashlane's mission is to make security simple for millions of organizations and their people. We empower businesses of every size to protect company and employee data while helping everyone easily log in to the accounts they need—anytime, anywhere.
Our global team with offices in Paris, New York, and Lisbon is united by a strong sense of community and passion for improving the digital experience. Over 15 million users and 20,000 businesses in 180 countries use Dashlane for a faster, simpler, and more secure internet.
Are you an engineering manager looking to join a company that values both people and technology? Are you passionate about helping individuals become the best of themselves in what they do? Are you excited about Android technologies and building quality applications? We're looking to grow our Android engineering team over the course of 2022 and we're looking for an experienced engineering manager to help us achieve this.
As an Engineering Manager in the Android team you'll partner with the current manager within the team to help scale the team and their practices over the course of 2022. You'll report to the Director of Engineering for mobile, who leads both the Apple and Android teams at Dashlane. We're building a team culture focussed on psychological safety, where you will play an important role in helping shape the culture of the team as it grows, as well as helping to guarantee the delivery of the enhancements to the product and the maintenance of its stability. This role requires a high degree of autonomy and the ability to clearly communicate both with the team and also with other functions across the organization.
This role is based in France either remote or based in our Paris office. English is our working language. We offer relocation support.
At Dashlane you will:
- Manage a team of software engineers in the Android team, focusing on motivation, psychological safety and talent development
- Ensure your team is using best practices for software development, for example by developing the testing strategy, and regularly participate in code reviews, being hands-on when required
- Stay up to date with the latest technical advancements in the Android ecosystem, making sure the team are up-to-date with this knowledge not limited to but including Kotlin and Jetpack libraries
- Maintain a high level of communication across your team, working closely with your manager to ensure feedback is shared and concerns are raised early
- Coordinate with the company's other platforms and functions such as design and product management, to align on strategy and execution, as well as ensure consistency within the product
- Understand and communicate company level objectives and ensure high level ideas are broken down and understood by your team
- Lead and own a high quality recruitment process for new hires, working closely with the recruitment team and engineers involved in the hiring process
- 2+ years experience recruiting, managing and training engineers using Android technologies
- 2+ years experience as an Android developer who has shipped apps to the Play Store
We're Also Looking For:
- Ability to collaborate with many different teams
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Strong focus on development for themselves and others
- Advanced understanding of software architecture principles
- Experience working in a distributed team across multiple timezones
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Dashlane:
As a truly international company—founded in France and distributed across France, US and Portugal—Dashlane thrives off diverse perspectives. We value all aspects of diversity: gender identity, sexual orientation, ability, ethnic origin, social background, age, lifestyle, and more. We are committed to hiring a diverse community and fostering a culture where everyone is heard and belongs.
Your interview experience:
To know what to expect once you’ve sent your application, read about how we interview and hire at Dashlane in this blog article written by our Talent team. Feel free to browse our blog to find more information about our product and how we work.
We created Dashlane for the two billion people that use the web.
Everyone that uses the web today faces some version of the password problem. Many know that their passwords are unsafe, either because they’re trivial to crack or they’re reused on several websites. Many others forget their passwords and stop using services, or shy away from new online services altogether – because remembering passwords and registering for new websites with new passwords is a pain.
And these folks are also constantly annoyed by having to type out long strings of meaningless numbers, dates, and codes to conduct a simple act of buying online (or even more painfully, on their mobile device) – an act that is as simple as a swipe in the physical world.
We created Dashlane to solve these problems with one neat solution that is simple, secure, and universal. Our users don’t trade security for convenience – they get both.
We created Dashlane because we are on a mission to fix the internet.
Want to learn more about Dashlane? Visit Dashlane's website.
A membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid