At Dashlane we believe in leading with employee choice and respect peoples' different needs and preferences. Our interview process follows this same principle. In light of the ongoing pandemic, most people are currently choosing to interview remotely via Zoom. If you have different preferences, we welcome you to discuss them with us and we'll do our best to accommodate.
Dashlane's mission is to make security simple for millions of organizations and their people. We empower businesses of every size to protect company and employee data while helping everyone easily log in to the accounts they need—anytime, anywhere.
Our global team with offices in Paris, New York, and Lisbon is united by a strong sense of community and passion for improving the digital experience. Over 15 million users and 20,000 businesses in 180 countries use Dashlane for a faster, simpler, and more secure internet.
About this Role
We’re hiring a senior designer to help shape the future of Dashlane. Designers here work across every stage of product development, from creating the experience of new features, to prototyping and finding creative solutions, to the craft and finish of every detail in the product.
We bring ideas to life, serve as the voice of our users, and craft a meaningful and unified Dashlane experience. Our UX team is a close-knit, collaborative group, guided by a highly iterative user-centered design process. Combining research, data, and thoughtful critique, we’re discovering needs and solving fundamental problems that impact our customers to create Dashlane’s market defining products. We believe in excellence and generalists at Dashlane, our Product Designers take projects from napkin sketches to final visual specifications. We’re looking for someone who is motivated by complex problems. You’ll be directly responsible for decisions that influence the product and roadmap. Your mission will be to deliver simple, beautiful, and effective product experiences that users love and that deepen their relationship with Dashlane’s products.
This role can be either in person at our New York office, or remote within the US.
At Dashlane you will:
- Craft a consistent, unified experience for our users that’s easy to learn, simple to use, and flexible enough to meet the complex needs of a diverse user base.
- Take real ownership of our product’s design direction and strategy while collaborating closely with peers in the Design, Engineering, and Product Management teams.
- Lead and guide mission critical initiatives by translating business goals into user centric experiences across the entire customer journey.
- Bring both rigorous research and creative exploration to bear on deepening our understanding of our users and their interactions with our product. To understand and develop customer's mental models, needs, workflows and business operations and articulate clear rationale for solutions with customer insights.
- Cultivate a design culture within and beyond our Design team to support Dashlane’s strategic focus on delivering exceptional user experiences.
- 5+ years of product design or UX experience with emphasis on data driven design and user centricity.
- A portfolio that showcases your work and demonstrates end to end design capabilities from understanding user flows to final mocks. The work should demonstrate your ownership with little guidance from leadership.
We're Also Looking For:
- You have experience owning high impact user outcomes and the ability to plan and organize large scope projects.
- You solve complex problems, system-level thinking, capacity to contribute to an evolving design systems.
- You proactively formulate ideas and present them to your cross-functional team to determine strategy and roadmaps.
- You effectively question and collaborate with your leadership peers and drive conversations to next steps.
- You guide the vision for the product and achieve it through design explorations, documentation, and presentations to bring the team along.
- You are a self-driver who is comfortable with ambiguity, and learning through experimentation.
- You have growth mindset with curiosity to learn more about the business while balancing user needs.
- You can see both at the "big picture" through to the details.
- You educate and evangelize user centered design and research best practices with stakeholders.
- You use your years of experience to quickly move projects forward, leveraging domain expertise, establishing principles and conducting research when necessary, but also when to propose plans to fill in the gaps.
- You are flexible navigating shifting priorities and negotiate short and long term trade-offs.
- You are seen as a mentor for other designers and provide feedback and find ways to improve their work.
- You know when to bypass minor UX testing and lean on your expertise.
- Experience in A/B tests and Figma is a plus.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Dashlane:
As a truly international company—founded in France and distributed across France, US and Portugal—Dashlane thrives off diverse perspectives. We value all aspects of diversity: gender identity, sexual orientation, ability, ethnic origin, social background, age, lifestyle, and more. We are committed to hiring a diverse community and fostering a culture where everyone is heard and belongs.
Your interview experience:
To know what to expect once you’ve sent your application, read about how we interview and hire at Dashlane in this blog article written by our Talent team. Feel free to browse our blog to find more information about our product and how we work.
We created Dashlane for the two billion people that use the web.
Everyone that uses the web today faces some version of the password problem. Many know that their passwords are unsafe, either because they’re trivial to crack or they’re reused on several websites. Many others forget their passwords and stop using services, or shy away from new online services altogether – because remembering passwords and registering for new websites with new passwords is a pain.
And these folks are also constantly annoyed by having to type out long strings of meaningless numbers, dates, and codes to conduct a simple act of buying online (or even more painfully, on their mobile device) – an act that is as simple as a swipe in the physical world.
We created Dashlane to solve these problems with one neat solution that is simple, secure, and universal. Our users don’t trade security for convenience – they get both.
We created Dashlane because we are on a mission to fix the internet.
Want to learn more about Dashlane? Visit Dashlane's website.
The best bed for better sleep
Tech Jobs For You
Lead Product Manager - Community Participation Products (Remote)
Yelp, Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom