Full Stack Software Engineer (JS/TypeScript)
DataCamp, London, Leuven, Belgium or Remote
A Data-Driven Adventure
DataCamp is building the best platform to learn and teach data skills. We create technology for personalized learning experiences and bring the power of data fluency to millions of people around the world. Our learners get real hands-on experience by completing self paced, interactive data science courses, practice, and projects from the best instructors in the world, right in the browser.
We are an international team with backgrounds in education, data science, design, psychology, biology, linguistics, engineering and more. We are united by our passion for impacting the future of education.
About the role:
We are looking for a talented Full Stack Software Engineer to help us craft web applications that make it easier to build interactive DataCamp courses and/or help us improve and redefine the core learning experience. You will be part of a great team, building applications and solving technical challenges every single day! We are open to remote candidates in a comparable timezone.
- Help us build the best platform to learn and teach Data Science.
- Work with the latest front and backend technologies to solve challenging problems.
- Improve existing applications as well as build new applications from the ground up.
- Take ownership over several components in our microservices architecture.
- Interact closely with team members to build things that scale.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- You have 2+ years of web development experience using technologies like ReactJS, NodeJS, on both frontend and backend applications.
- You have practical experience with strongly-typed languages.
- Experience with Docker, AWS, and CircleCI is a bonus.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails is a plus.
- You can show ownership of a product or feature.
- You can write clean, maintainable, performant, and testable code.
- You are passionate about product development.
- You are a team player with excellent collaboration skills.
- You have a problem-solving and results-oriented mindset.
- You are interested in data science and education.
What's in it for you?
In addition to joining a creative and international start-up, you’ll enjoy:
- An exciting job that will offer you technical challenges every day
- A competitive salary with fringe benefits
- Stock options
- A well organized squad with clear boundaries
- Flexible working hours
- International company retreats
- Learning and development. We encourage continued education through a conference budget and external training.
- Working with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We regret we are not able to offer visa sponsorship for this role. We are happy to consider remote candidates within a comparable timezone.
About us DataCamp is an interactive learning platform for data science. Learn R, Python, SQL & Spark from the comfort of your browser with over 75+ courses featuring high-quality video, in-browser coding, and gamification. Courses are taught by experts and range from importing data, data visualization, machine learning, deep learning & more. Looking to train your employees with crucial data science skills? DataCamp for Business is the most scalable, cost effective way for managers to train and educate their analytics and data science teams. Business accounts include group features which allow managers to set assignments based on specific learning goals, monitor progress, and evaluate performance - all in a company dedicated dashboard. Hundreds of companies leverage DataCamp for training new hires, transitioning from commercial to open source software, and for continuous education including clients such as eBay, BCI, Harvard, and GfK. Over 1 million individuals use DataCamp to become data savvy. Join them for free: www.DataCamp.com
Want to learn more about DataCamp? Visit DataCamp's website.
File hosting service