Join our team
DataCamp is building the future of data science education. Our students get real hands-on experience by completing self-paced, interactive data science courses from the best instructors in the world, right in the browser. In fact, more than 1.5 million students around the world have completed over 50 million DataCamp exercises to date.
As a full stack software engineer with a focus on Rails, you will be working with us on the platform behind datacamp.com. You will be further improving APIs that drive all other microservices, including authentication, payment processing, access management, gamification systems etc. You will be part of a team of Ruby experts that actively share best practices, which will help you to even better solve technical challenges from day one.
Our ideal candidate
- Has 2+ years of experience in Ruby on Rails.
- Has a knack for solving technical challenges.
- Can write clean, maintainable, performant and testable code.
- Has excellent communication skills.
- Can work well in a team but is also independent and self-organized
- Is result oriented
It's a plus if
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit
- You have experience with Docker, AWS, and CircleCI
- You are passionate about data science and education.
- You love taking ownership of a product or feature from start to finish.
What we offer
In addition to joining a creative and international start-up, you’ll enjoy:
- A very competitive salary and stock options at an early stage start-up.
- An exciting job that will offer you technical challenges every day.
- A well-organized team with clear boundaries.
- Flexible working hours.
- International company retreats every 6 months.
- Conference and hardware budget.
- Working with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great).
We are also considering remote candidates for this position, if they are located in the European time zone (between UTC+0 and UTC+2) and have at least two years experience working remotely. If you decide to move for this role, DataCamp will provide help and a budget for your relocation.
About us DataCamp is an interactive learning platform for data science. Learn R, Python, SQL & Spark from the comfort of your browser with over 75+ courses featuring high-quality video, in-browser coding, and gamification. Courses are taught by experts and range from importing data, data visualization, machine learning, deep learning & more. Looking to train your employees with crucial data science skills? DataCamp for Business is the most scalable, cost effective way for managers to train and educate their analytics and data science teams. Business accounts include group features which allow managers to set assignments based on specific learning goals, monitor progress, and evaluate performance - all in a company dedicated dashboard. Hundreds of companies leverage DataCamp for training new hires, transitioning from commercial to open source software, and for continuous education including clients such as eBay, BCI, Harvard, and GfK. Over 1 million individuals use DataCamp to become data savvy. Join them for free: www.DataCamp.com
Want to learn more about DataCamp? Visit DataCamp's website.
Jobs You May Like
Instacart, San Francisco
Fulfillment (Operations) - General Applications UAE
noon.com, Dubai, UAE
Advanced Packaging Lead
Blue Bottle Coffee, Sacramento
Customer Success Advocate (German Speaker)
Hootsuite, London, UK
Customer Success Manager
Ematic Solutions, Taipei, Taiwan
Regional Technical Specialist – Japan
Desktop Metal, Tokyo, Japan