DataCamp is building the best platform to learn, practice, apply, assess, AND teach data skills. We create technology for personalized learning experiences and bring the power of data fluency to millions of people around the world. Our learners get real hands-on experience by completing self-paced, interactive data science courses, practice, and projects from the best instructors in the world, right in the browser.
We are an international team with backgrounds in education, data science, design, psychology, biology, linguistics, engineering and more. We are united by our passion for impacting the future of education.
About the Role
DataCamp is looking for a Head of Curriculum. This role will be responsible for building, managing and leading our curriculum team.
With a growing and dynamic content library including courses, practice challenges, projects, and assessments, we’ve cracked the code on creating interactive data science and fluency content for the masses. Now we’re looking for someone to help take our curriculum to the next level by ensuring we’re expanding our learner profiles to include aspiring and existing data consumers, leaders, analysts, scientists, engineers, and more! You will be tasked with teaching the right things, in the right order, to the right audience, and all with the best instructors in the world.
This is an opportunity to shape the future of data skills education and to define what it means to be a data expert in the 21st century.
In this role, you’ll have three primary responsibilities:
Shape the future of our data skills curriculum
- Use human-centered design principles to research, create, and prioritize our curriculum roadmap in new content areas that will help us expand our reach and user base (i.e. business intelligence tools, cloud computing, advanced statistics, Excel, etc.)
- Communicate this roadmap to key internal and external stakeholders and implement feedback on an ongoing basis
- Curate and prioritize learning pathways for new and existing learner personas
- Operationalize and formalize CX internal processes and documentation to ensure high quality content is delivered in the most effective and efficient manner possible
- Support Product and Go-to-Market teams to ensure content adoption and retention
- Support commercial teams with professional services for enterprise customers including onboarding, content recommendations, needs assessments, etc.
Manage our world-class Curriculum team
- Recruit, hire, train, and manage team members
- Ensure high-quality and effective content deliverables are met in line with company priorities and OKRs
- Work with the team to manage the end-to-end processes: scope projects, integrate usability studies, build data-driven workflows, synthesize results and evangelize a learner-centric culture. Jump in when needed!
- Mentor and coach team members and assist with their professional development
Expand our network of best-in-class instructors
- Provide thought leadership on the future of data science and data fluency education
- Devise creative strategies to attract relevant and high-profile instructors including attending and presenting at conferences and meetups, content marketing, instructor success initiatives, etc.
- Assess instructor candidates to ensure they align with DataCamp’s pedagogy and vision
The ideal candidate
This position is ideal for an experienced people manager with a passion for data skills education who wants to join a fast-growing startup that’s training the next generation of data enthusiasts!
- 4-6+ years of instructional design experience, ideally for an online or blended platform
- 4+ years of management experience with 3+ direct reports
- 2+ years of programming experience with Python and/or R
- Strong understanding of the data science landscape. Knowledge of the EdTech space is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to think analytically and prioritize decisions based on data
- Strong project management skills
- Has developed educational content, ideally for an online platform
- Awareness of the data science community a plus
- Strong command of English, both written and verbal
What is in it for you?
- Competitive salary and stock options at a high-growth innovative company
- Flexible hours
- International company retreats
- Work with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To learn more, take a look at our EEO and Anti - Harassment Policy.
About us DataCamp is an interactive learning platform for data science. Learn R, Python, SQL & Spark from the comfort of your browser with over 75+ courses featuring high-quality video, in-browser coding, and gamification. Courses are taught by experts and range from importing data, data visualization, machine learning, deep learning & more. Looking to train your employees with crucial data science skills? DataCamp for Business is the most scalable, cost effective way for managers to train and educate their analytics and data science teams. Business accounts include group features which allow managers to set assignments based on specific learning goals, monitor progress, and evaluate performance - all in a company dedicated dashboard. Hundreds of companies leverage DataCamp for training new hires, transitioning from commercial to open source software, and for continuous education including clients such as eBay, BCI, Harvard, and GfK. Over 1 million individuals use DataCamp to become data savvy. Join them for free: www.DataCamp.com
Want to learn more about DataCamp? Visit DataCamp's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
Jobs You May Like