Director of Marketing, Acquisition and Engagement (DataCamp Classrooms and Donates)
DataCamp, London, United Kingdom
A Data-Driven Adventure
DataCamp is on a mission to make the world data fluent by building the future of scalable data education, assessments, certification and collaboration tools for data professionals. Since our launch more than 10 million learners around the world have completed hundreds of millions of DataCamp content items, and over 2,500 businesses and government entities worldwide use DataCamp to make their teams and organizations data fluent.
We will be massively scaling those numbers in 2022 and beyond, and want you to be a part of it!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We seek a Director of Marketing, Acquisition and Engagement for DataCamp Donates & Classrooms to take responsibility for increasing awareness of the program and applications to the scheme. In this role you’ll be committed to driving applications to Donates and Classrooms.. You’ll do this by setting strategy, executing on growth initiatives yourself and by evangelizing the program across multiple different internal business units to gain access to their channels and reach. You’ll do this internationally and with focus on our core markets.
In your day-to-day you'll lead our day-to-day efforts to reach out to relevant organisations, drastically increase the volume of classrooms and non-profits with access to and using our services, support our community day to day and share our work across marketing owned channels.
This role will report directly to the CRO Consumer and under your leadership DataCamp will become better known for its efforts to tackle data education inequality across both student and academic populations and across non-profits by growing the number of users of the service 10x over the next 3 years.
ABOUT DATACAMP CLASSROOMS & DATACAMP DONATES:
Data education is a basic human right. Our vision is to empower everyone with data skills for the future. Targeting data illiteracy directly in the classroom, DataCamp has helped over half a million students and teachers from 180 countries build their data science and analytics skills for free. We do this by giving DataCamp licences free of charge to teachers and academics to share with their classrooms, supporting curricula with our online learning tracks and supporting with other DataCamp resources to deliver high quality learning.
DataCamp Donates provides free data education for those who need it most. We donate DataCamp access to qualified organizations to distribute to people looking for work, members of disadvantaged communities, students, and qualified research scientists. We launched DataCamp Donates to stay true to our company’s larger mission of democratizing data science and fighting data illiteracy.
Our 100+ partner organizations get one free year of DataCamp Professional access to share with their members. Our partners include - professional development and job placement nonprofits, nonprofit data science and/or coding organizations serving historically disadvantaged communities, environmental, health, economic, and social science research nonprofits and student-run clubs/societies accredited to secondary or postsecondary schools.
- Develop and lead DataCamp’s global Donates & Classrooms acquisition strategy
- Develop and grow lead gen programs designed to increase drastically the volume of engaged Classroom and Donates users (at a group and licence level) on the platform
- Convert those leads into users of the DataCamp platform, and ensure it assists them achieve their teaching and organizational goals
- Radically grow DataCamp Donate's brand presence across key platforms and build an engaged global audience that the business can effectively activate
- Strong understanding of the non-profit and classrooms audience, the variance across our platforms, territories, demographics and their alignment to the value proposition of DataCamp Donates & Classrooms
- Interface into the B2C marketing team to work productively with the channel leads to accomplish marketing goals
- Oversee the event and webinar calendar and lead a engagement series with our community
- Expert knowledge of partnership methodology and strategy, digital marketing tools and offline acquisition techniques
- Good grasp of and understanding of emerging social impact and edtech trends, platforms, functionality, communities and cultural movements that translates into sophisticated strategy and audience-first content
- Drive creative output; both in terms of ideating the optimal creative strategy for the Donates audience
- Develop a tone of voice and Donates brand playbook that will become synonymous with DataCamp Donates
- Constant optimization of performance between continual reporting and insights sharing, process reviews and the introduction of new tools or ways of working
- Effectively work across multiple cross departmental work streams (from quarterly strategy reviews to execution across B2C marketing channels) in a matrix structure
- Excellent partnership skills: this role would suit someone with start up country manager experience, GTM experience and a commercial background who is looking to apply their skills to the not-for-profit space
- Experience in ecommerce, marketplace, edtech or SaaS businesses
- Proven success in driving acquisition growth via a multi-channel strategy and multiple campaigns
- You’re a go-getter - someone who seeks ownership and looks to have impact from day one
- Comfortable in a high velocity start-up environment with big ambitions
- Comfortable in a lean team and looking to build something from the ground up
- Both a strategic and creative thinker - you have the ability to work independently and collaboratively - understanding the happy marriage between planning ahead and being able to adapt to the ever changing world of a high velocity start-up with big ambitions in a lean team
- A passion for extending the reach of online data learning and the impact it has on global access to critically needed education worldwide, understanding that no one should be excluded or left behind
- A hussler - happy to evangelize the product and encourage and inspire others to do so at pace
- A solid understanding of user experience journeys, you can drive traffic effectively and efficiently to key website and digital product touchpoints
- You have a high attention to detail and an understanding of ‘what good looks like’
- Excellent organisational skills and effective multitasking; including project management and prioritisation, implementation of quarterly planning and approving daily content
- A confident speaker and presenter, with experience leading senior stakeholder meetings; you can authoritatively represent DataCamp Donates during high level meetings and important decision making moments
- Proficient working with data; especially within standard marketing tools (GA, SEMRush, Search Console, Ahrefs); plus an ability to adapt to project management tools such as Monday (or equivalent)
- A natural leader and people manager, you are excellent at working cross functionally and being able to advocate for your goals
What's in it for you:
In addition to joining a creative and international start-up, you’ll enjoy:
- A very competitive salary
- An exciting job that will offer you technical challenges every day
- Flexible working hours
- International company retreats
- Conference and hardware budget
- Working with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
About us DataCamp is an interactive learning platform for data science. Learn R, Python, SQL & Spark from the comfort of your browser with over 75+ courses featuring high-quality video, in-browser coding, and gamification. Courses are taught by experts and range from importing data, data visualization, machine learning, deep learning & more. Looking to train your employees with crucial data science skills? DataCamp for Business is the most scalable, cost effective way for managers to train and educate their analytics and data science teams. Business accounts include group features which allow managers to set assignments based on specific learning goals, monitor progress, and evaluate performance - all in a company dedicated dashboard. Hundreds of companies leverage DataCamp for training new hires, transitioning from commercial to open source software, and for continuous education including clients such as eBay, BCI, Harvard, and GfK. Over 1 million individuals use DataCamp to become data savvy. Join them for free: www.DataCamp.com
Want to learn more about DataCamp? Visit DataCamp's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.