DataCamp is on a mission to make the world data fluent by building the future of scalable data education, assessments, certification and collaboration tools for data professionals. Since our launch more than 10 million learners around the world have completed hundreds of millions of DataCamp content items, and over 2,500 businesses and government entities worldwide use DataCamp to make their teams and organizations data fluent.
We will be massively scaling those numbers in 2022 and beyond, and want you to be a part of it!
About the Role
As a product designer at Datacamp your input will help shape our products and directly contribute to the success of DataCamp. Our flat autonomous team structure will give you the opportunity to flex your design and UX skills. As part of our design community you will contribute to the design system, learn, grow and share your skills across the team with structured peer reviews. Using a pragmatic focus on data and results, you will learn how to measure the outcome of your design work using our ‘Marvel’ process.
Everyone at DataCamp is super excited about learning, data and our mission to upskill the world. If you want a great place to work, a strong social purpose and industry leading pay join us at DataCamp.
What you’ll do at DataCamp
- Contribute to overall strategy and decision-making about product design and experience
- Map out customer journey maps, run workshops and investigate customer needs in detail
- Collaborate with a cross- functional team and stakeholders
- Use figma to create, collaborate, and iterate on, personas, journeys, flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity visuals
- Work with our refined design system and governance tea
- Grow your own personal skills working with a range of brilliant people
- Design, ship and research high quality product weekly
- Regularly participate in design peer reviews across DataCamp’s design teams, to share knowledge and learn from each other
You are a great fit if:
- You love tackling ambiguous problems/needs and shaping them into clear goals
- You care deeply about customer centric design and are the champion for customers needs above all else
- You can mix pragmatism with rigor, and can flex when needed
- You have a bias toward action and choose to leverage quick visual communication, including journeys, sketches, wireframes, and flow diagrams
- You have experience in different human centered design tools including, user interviews, usability tests, heuristic reviews, and competitive analysis
- You ask questions, and challenge how things work today
- You perform best in a radical candour type of feedback environment, and you embrace radical truth
- You value high quality well crafted visual design, and care about the details
- You have a portfolio showing your track record of shipping great looking feature rich product design, and an understanding of what details matter at each stage of the discovery, development and release cycles
- You have 5+ years working as a product designer with experience in a scale-up or client-side environment
What's in it for you:
In addition to joining a creative and international start-up, you’ll enjoy:
- A very competitive salary and stock options for permanent employees
- An exciting job that will offer you technical challenges every day
- Flexible working hours
- International company retreats
- Conference and hardware budget
- Working with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
About us DataCamp is an interactive learning platform for data science. Learn R, Python, SQL & Spark from the comfort of your browser with over 75+ courses featuring high-quality video, in-browser coding, and gamification. Courses are taught by experts and range from importing data, data visualization, machine learning, deep learning & more. Looking to train your employees with crucial data science skills? DataCamp for Business is the most scalable, cost effective way for managers to train and educate their analytics and data science teams. Business accounts include group features which allow managers to set assignments based on specific learning goals, monitor progress, and evaluate performance - all in a company dedicated dashboard. Hundreds of companies leverage DataCamp for training new hires, transitioning from commercial to open source software, and for continuous education including clients such as eBay, BCI, Harvard, and GfK. Over 1 million individuals use DataCamp to become data savvy. Join them for free: www.DataCamp.com
Want to learn more about DataCamp? Visit DataCamp's website.
The best bed for better sleep