Datalogue is an engineering first start-up working to eliminate tedious data preparation tasks from the workflows of data scientists and analysts. Our company is completely rethinking the way that people get, understand and transform data by creating AI augmented data pipelines—allowing them to turn data into insights. Fast.
Our company culture flows through everything that we do, from product to people:
- in the age of black boxes and algorithms we're building a company and products with a human touch. We are human.
- we continuously solve tough problems, challenging the status quo and building solutions that scale out from day 1. We are undaunted.
- we allow companies, partners and the community to build on top of our work. Setting the stage for a new wave of data platforms. We are foundational.
Who we’re looking for
You will work closely with all engineering teams at Datalogue on impactful projects that range from data visualization to AI. As the generalist on the team you'll be bringing a whole system point of view and devote efforts to build the technology required for our systems to operate seamlessly together. On any given day you'll jump into the part of the stack that needs the most attention. Are you committed to learning new skills? If so, that dedication will serve you well and help you be comfortable with moving up and down our technology stack.
What we need from you
- Familiarity with Scala or advanced understanding of Java
- Familiarity with scripting/statistical languages like Python or R
- Experience crafting and building APIs
- Deep understanding of data structures and computational complexity
- Experience with React and Redux or comparable technologies and design patterns
- An appreciation or obsession for testing
- Biased towards action—you're perceptive and alert, when there's a fire you don't hesitate to face it
What you should expect from us
- Dynamic, constantly-evolving work
- Hard problems to work on daily
- A supportive team committed to growing together
- Do you love cooking, food, and eating? If so, we have frequent team dinners with delicious food.
If you don't check off all of the boxes in the What we need from you section but think you're the right person for the job, don't hesitate to drop us a line. We love hearing from people who are passionate about what we're doing, so go a bit more in-depth into why you want to connect with us when you send over your resume.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
You’re on your own for death & taxes, but we’ve got you covered on data preparation.
Datalogue’s AI powered pipelines automatically prepare any data from any source or any format, for immediate, compliant use.