Experience Level: Entry Level
Type: Full Time
Who we are:
We are Dataminr, the leading company that turns social media into real-time, actionable alerts. Our ability to find and deliver information faster than any traditional source has completely revolutionized how critical, relevant and actionable information reaches the news, finance, public sector and corporate security industries.
We are one of the most exciting companies to work for and have been referred to as the “super tool of journalists and hedge funds” while also receiving numerous accolades from professionals in both the corporate security area and public sector. We’ve been named to CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list in 2014 and 2016, the Forbes FinTech 50 list in 2016, added to the AlwaysOn Global 250 Top Private Companies list and received an invitation to speak at the World Economic Forum.
Headquartered in New York City and nearing 300 employees, Dataminr provides a challenging and dynamic environment where everyone feels that they have the freedom to be innovative, impactful and influential. Our culture promotes team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it empowers us to do our best work and have fun.
Who you are:
You are a highly motivated individual who has experience writing in a deadline-oriented atmosphere. You are passionate about news, international relations, and have high editorial and journalism standards! You will be part of our newest team based in Ireland!
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, International relations, Political Science, Government, Economics, Arabic Studies, Middle Eastern Studies or Foreign Language
- Experience desired: New graduate or 1-3 years experience
- Arabic speaker (native-level fluency preferred)
- Fluency in English required
- Previous experience as a copy editor/sub editor is preferred
- Excellent editing, writing, grammar and proofreading skills
- Self-motivation and an ability to operate under pressure while handling multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Deep knowledge of international affairs
- Ability to monitor and analyze data quickly with a keen eye for detail
- Passion for technology and a great understanding of social media (Twitter!)
- Ability to work weekends when required
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr transforms the Twitter stream and other public datasets into actionable signals, discovering must-know information in real-time for clients in Finance, the Public Sector, News, Corporate Security and Crisis Management.
Want to learn more about Dataminr? Visit https://www.dataminr.com/
Jobs You May Like
Research Associate, NGS
Ginkgo Bioworks, Boston, MA
Data Analyst, Marketing Analytics
Data Scientist - Attractions & Rentals Team
Part Time Data Science Instructor
General Assembly, Washington DC
Enterprise Data Analyst
Addepar, New York, NY
Decibel Insight, London