Type: Full time
Min. Experience: 7+ years
Who we are:
We are Dataminr, the leading company that turns social media into real-time, actionable alerts. Our ability to find and deliver information faster than any traditional source has completely revolutionized how critical, relevant and actionable information reaches the news, finance, public sector and corporate security industries.
We are one of the most exciting companies to work for and have been referred to as the “super tool of journalists and hedge funds” while also receiving numerous accolades from professionals in both the corporate security area and public sector. We’ve been named to CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list in 2014 and 2016, the Forbes FinTech 50 list in 2016, added to the AlwaysOn Global 250 Top Private Companies list and received an invitation to speak at the World Economic Forum.
Headquartered in New York City and nearing 300 employees, Dataminr provides a challenging and dynamic environment where everyone feels that they have the freedom to be innovative, impactful and influential. Our culture promotes team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it empowers us to do our best work and have fun. If you want to be a part of the most interesting and exciting high-growth tech company in New York, please keep reading!
Who you are:
You're an experienced Information Technology leader with a passion for building out organizations in high-growth mode. You know what it takes to scale a startup into a full fledged company from an IT perspective. You thrive in a strategic and hands-on role where you might deploy a new security solution one day, and present an IT plan and vision to our executive team another day.
You have a proven track record of working in a fast-paced environment. From setting up new hires, to creating IT processes and documentation, to building out new offices across the globe - you've done it all and can't wait to do it again!
As our Director, IT Operations, you'd lead a small team covering desktop support, networking and systems operations to support our six global offices. You'd be responsible for developing and implementing IT vision for Dataminr, working cross-functionally with executives across our Operations, Legal, Facilities, and People teams.
- Define strategy, roadmap and functionality of the IT function at Dataminr
- Manage and execute IT projects that align with business growth and priorities
- Manage employee onboarding and offboarding from an IT perspective
- Oversee global desktop support team, ensuring all hardware and software issues are attended to quickly and efficiently for Dataminr employees globally
- Investigate common user problems and develop solutions to prevent similar issues from arising in the future
- Manage and review security policies
- Manage and support a ticketing system
- Manage the administration of Windows server environments, Google Suite and other cloud applications
- Create IT documentation and processes to assist users and conduct training sessions where needed
- Research and evaluate new products and services that help keep our IT environment current and relevant
- Provide local and remote support to employees as needed
- Manage relationships with IT vendors and consultants, evaluating and researching new vendors as needed
- Manage a team of 3-4 direct reports globally
- Be on call and able to manage critical issues outside normal work hours
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- 7+ years of experience in a hands-on IT leadership role
- Experience in IT strategic planning, global office build outs and deployment of company-wide IT solutions
- Technical skills in Mac, Windows and Linux, including administration, support and troubleshooting
- Experience troubleshooting local network related issues, including switches, routers, firewalls, access points, printers, and other devices
- Experience in Active Directory, Group Policy, File Sharing, DHCP and DNS
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server and Apple Server
- Experience effectively managing and building teams
- Ability to work and think quickly in fast-paced environments
- Ability to draft up documents for training and knowledge base
- Ability to communicate to all levels of the organization, including executive presentations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks and beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr transforms the Twitter stream and other public datasets into actionable signals, discovering must-know information in real-time for clients in Finance, the Public Sector, News, Corporate Security and Crisis Management.
Want to learn more about Dataminr? Visit https://www.dataminr.com/
Jobs You May Like
Sales Engineer, Corporate Accounts (New York, NY)
Box, New York, NY
Software Engineer (Data)
Postmates, San Francisco
IT Apple/MAC System Administrator
Christian Care Ministry, Melbourne, FL
Sr. Software Engineer, QA
Ring Inc., Santa Monica, CA
Algorithms and Signal Processing Engineer - NCG