Type: Full time
Min. Experience: 4-5 years
Who we are:
We are Dataminr, the leading company that turns social media into real-time, actionable alerts. Our ability to find and deliver information faster than any traditional source has completely revolutionized how critical, relevant and actionable information reaches the news, finance, public sector and corporate security industries.
We are one of the most exciting companies to work for and have been referred to as the “super tool of journalists and hedge funds” while also receiving numerous accolades from professionals in both the corporate security area and public sector. We’ve been named to CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list in 2014 and 2016, the Forbes FinTech 50 list in 2016, added to the AlwaysOn Global 250 Top Private Companies list and received an invitation to speak at the World Economic Forum.
Headquartered in New York City and nearing 300 employees, Dataminr provides a challenging and dynamic environment where everyone feels that they have the freedom to be innovative, impactful and influential. Our culture promotes team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it empowers us to do our best work and have fun. If you want to be a part of the most interesting and exciting high-growth tech company in New York, please keep reading!
Who you are:
As our Help Desk Engineer, you will be assisting the IT Operations Manager with the day to day trouble tickets and other larger projects. You have excellent communication skills and can problem solve over the phone, in person or via email/chat. You have a constant hunger to learn new things quickly, and an obsession for automation and constant improvement of IT processes. You can multi-task and have a proven track record of working in a fast paced environment. You thrive in a broad role where you might troubleshoot a printer with your left hand and deploy a phone with the right.
- Deploy and image workstations for new and existing employees and continue to support these builds with upgrades and patches, and monitoring for any deviations
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues, responding quickly and efficiently to questions from Dataminr employees
- Investigate common user problems and be able to come up with solutions to prevent future issues from arising
- Manage and support a ticketing system
- Provide local and remote support to employees as needed
- Must have strong desktop support and troubleshooting skills
- 4-5 years of experience troubleshooting a range of desktop/laptop computers, including Mac, Windows, and Linux
- Strong experience in Active Directory, Group Policy, File Sharing, DHCP and DNS
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server and Apple Server
- Experience troubleshooting local network related issues (switches, routers, firewalls, access points, printers, and other devices)
- Must outwit printers with eyes closed
- Ability to work and think quickly in fast-paced, collaborative and team environments
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to communicate to all levels of the organization
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks and beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr transforms the Twitter stream and other public datasets into actionable signals, discovering must-know information in real-time for clients in Finance, the Public Sector, News, Corporate Security and Crisis Management.
Want to learn more about Dataminr? Visit https://www.dataminr.com/
Jobs You May Like
Data Security: Application Security Engineer
Time Inc., Seattle, WA
Lumosity, San Francisco
Wish, San Francisco, United States
Sr. Software Engineer
PlayStation, Aliso Viejo, CA
Software Engineer - Enterprise Team
Checkr, San Francisco
Technical Engagement Engineer
Netflix, Los Gatos, California