Client Engagement Manager, Public Sector
Dataminr, Washington DC; New York
Real-time Information Discovery
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: 5 - 7 Years relevant experience
Who we are:
We are Dataminr, the leading company that turns social media into real-time, actionable alerts. Our ability to find and deliver information faster than any traditional source has completely revolutionized how critical, relevant and actionable information reaches the news, finance, public sector and corporate security industries.
We are one of the most exciting companies to work for and have been referred to as the “super tool of journalists and hedge funds” while also receiving numerous accolades from professionals in both the corporate security area and public sector. We’ve been named to CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list in 2014 and 2016, the Forbes FinTech 50 list in 2016, added to the AlwaysOn Global 250 Top Private Companies list and received an invitation to speak at the World Economic Forum.
Headquartered in New York City and nearing 250 employees, Dataminr provides a challenging and dynamic environment where everyone feels that they have the freedom to be innovative, impactful and influential. Our culture promotes team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it empowers us to do our best work and have fun. If you want to be a part of the most interesting and exciting high-growth tech company in New York, please keep reading!
Who you are:
You're a highly motivated and self-starting individual who has the ability to lead engagements with our public sector clients to help tackle their most difficult data challenges. On a daily basis, our Client Engagement team (1) interfaces directly with Dataminr clients; (2) works closely with these clients to identify their most difficult challenges and leverage the Dataminr platform to solve them; (3) quickly monitors and analyzes our data feeds and signals concerning national security issues; and (4) keeps up-to-date on key developments in the national security space and assesses the security impact of real-time Dataminr signals.
- Be an expert on Dataminr’s platform; deep understanding of publicly available information and social media analytics use cases
- Demonstrate platform capabilities to audiences ranging from senior Public Sector officials to the individual user level
- Collect client feedback and clearly articulate client product recommendations for Dataminr product development with Dataminr’s engineering and product teams
- Predict and forecast potential client use-cases; identify innovative methods clients can utilize the Dataminr product in a highly dynamic environment
- Train and support new users on-site or virtually through video teleconference
- Drive Public Sector revenue goals by leveraging current and emerging business opportunities; align and prioritize revenue goals with company expectations and market segmentation
- Manage business development process from lead development, qualifying, and closing of new opportunities in the Public Sector vertical
- Attend various industry events, trade shows and focused symposiums to increase brand awareness and value proposition
- Manage multiple clients types and accounts in various geographic regions
- Learn client mission sets and operational processes; integrate Dataminr into clients’ workflow and recommend best practices for users
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Software sales and/or software deployment experience required
- 5 to 7 years of experience supporting the public sector, military, federal agencies and/or intelligence community
- Knowledge/Experience of publicly available information and social media analysis efforts of public sector organizations, including but not limited to military, law enforcement or emergency management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Eligible for U.S. security clearance required; TS/SCI security clearance is desirable
- Must be willing and able to travel (domestically and internationally) as needed (approx. 25%)
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. (no immigration sponsorship offered)
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan
- Generous leave
- Daily catered meals
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks and beverages
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr transforms the Twitter stream and other public datasets into actionable signals, discovering must-know information in real-time for clients in Finance, the Public Sector, News, Corporate Security and Crisis Management.
Want to learn more about Dataminr? Visit https://www.dataminr.com/
Jobs You May Like
National Sales Manager
Yelp, Chicago, IL
Customer Success Associate
TripAdvisor, Needham, MA
Refinery29, New York
Sales Manager, Partnerships
Partner Manager, Regional Partnerships
Account Manager, Regional Partnerships
Pinterest, San Francisco