Type: Full time
Min. Experience: 3+ years
Who we are:
We are Dataminr, the leading company that turns social media into real-time, actionable alerts. Our ability to find and deliver information faster than any traditional source has completely revolutionized how critical, relevant and actionable information reaches the news, finance, public sector and corporate security industries.
We are one of the most exciting companies to work for and have been referred to as the “super tool of journalists and hedge funds” while also receiving numerous accolades from professionals in both the corporate security area and public sector. We’ve been named to CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list in 2014 and 2016, the Forbes FinTech 50 list in 2016, added to the AlwaysOn Global 250 Top Private Companies list and received an invitation to speak at the World Economic Forum.
Headquartered in New York City and nearing 300 employees, Dataminr provides a challenging and dynamic environment where everyone feels that they have the freedom to be innovative, impactful and influential. Our culture promotes team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it empowers us to do our best work and have fun. If you want to be a part of the most interesting and exciting high-growth tech company in New York, please keep reading!
Who you are:
We’re looking for a skilled developer with a passion for testing and the coding skills to understand our complex backend systems. As a Software Engineer in Test, you will ensure high-quality delivery of our software with a rapidly growing team of software engineers and data scientists. In this role, you will help build software test automation that tests the back-end services and APIs. Your efforts as a Software Engineer in Test will help us make certain that our system performs correctly and can scale. A successful candidate will have experience in test automation and developing quality software, a high standard for quality and an obsession for detail.
- Evaluate software releases to ensure that software is performing according to guidelines and expectation
- Participate in the design of new features and the refactoring of existing services to ensure testability
- Develop and maintain test frameworks that provide automated testing of backend services and APIs
- Build and maintain tests; track outcome of application testing and monitoring for inconsistent results
Desired Skills & Experience:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years of test development/automation experience
- Extensive knowledge of Linux/Unix
- Strong coding skills experience in Java, Python, C/C++
- Experience working with Docker, Git and AWS
- Strong experience with API/backend testing
- Natural curiosity, critical thinker, strong attention to detail, highly organized, drive for innovation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to meet deadlines
- Self-motivation and an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks and beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr transforms the Twitter stream and other public datasets into actionable signals, discovering must-know information in real-time for clients in Finance, the Public Sector, News, Corporate Security and Crisis Management.