Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts that are derived from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our clients are the first to know about high-impact events and critical breaking information, giving them the opportunity to act faster and stay one step ahead when every second counts. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world.
Our groundbreaking AI and machine learning technology cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, and determining the significance of public information. Headquartered in NYC, Dataminr has revolutionized the way that global news, finance, public sector, corporate security and PR/communications professionals know and act on critical, relevant information to protect people, assets and brands.
Along the way, we've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices, raised over $570 million from leading venture and growth technology investors, and been referred to as the “super tool of journalists and hedge funds.” We’ve received numerous awards and accolades from our clients, including recognition from CNBC as one of the world’s 50 most disruptive private technology companies in 2016 and joining Forbes’ definitive list of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world, in 2017 and 2018.
A career at Dataminr offers the ability to make a meaningful impact at a rapidly growing tech company with a startup culture, while being supported by the experience of a company founded in 2009. We value ownership, curiosity and drive on an individual level and live these values every day. We empower everyone to have a voice at the table and regularly invest in professional development. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work and have fun.
Who you are:
You are a dedicated Data Analyst who is eager to study the use of social media in support of our technological developments. You are innovative and adaptable, with an ability to juggle multiple projects at one time. You have a high level of technical skill, but even more importantly have an analytical mindset and are excited to learn more about the programs and tools that make our Data Analysts a diverse and capable component of Dataminr. You will work hand-in-hand with domain experts, product managers, engineers, and other teams to solve challenging problems with your data analysis skills.
- Guide the development of reports, dashboards, and metrics to monitor the performance of our internal products
- Develop core metrics and actionable KPIs
- Effectively translate statistical findings into actionable recommendations for senior leaders on domain expert, product, and engineering teams.
- Communicate complex ideas in a clear, precise, accessible way to domain expert, product, engineering, and data science teams.
Required Skills & Experience:
- At least 1-3 years experience in Data Analytics
- 3 years experience in Python; formal education or training preferred
- Success creating and implementing dashboards
- Leveraging data to tell a story
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience in one or more object oriented programming language (Java, Scala or Python preferred), and ability to work on projects with minimal support
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organized and process oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to convey complex results to non-technical audiences
- Self-motivated with an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks and beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr transforms the Twitter stream and other public datasets into actionable signals, discovering must-know information in real-time for clients in Finance, the Public Sector, News, Corporate Security and Crisis Management.