Min. Experience: 3+ years
Who we are:
We are Dataminr, the leading company that turns social media into real-time, actionable alerts. Our ability to find and deliver information faster than any traditional source has completely revolutionized how critical, relevant and actionable information reaches the news, finance, public sector and corporate security industries.
We are one of the most exciting companies to work for and have been referred to as the “super tool of journalists and hedge funds” while also receiving numerous accolades from professionals in both the corporate security area and public sector. We’ve been named to CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list in 2014 and 2016, the Forbes FinTech 50 list in 2016, added to the AlwaysOn Global 250 Top Private Companies list and received an invitation to speak at the World Economic Forum.
Headquartered in New York City and nearing 300 employees, Dataminr provides a challenging and dynamic environment where everyone feels that they have the freedom to be innovative, impactful and influential. Our culture promotes team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it empowers us to do our best work and have fun. If you want to be a part of the most interesting and exciting high-growth tech company in New York, please keep reading!
Who you are:
You are an experienced software engineer interested in helping us sort, analyze and deliver relevant information from terabytes of unstructured data in the social media space. You are interested in strong abstractions that allow for fast iteration, easy integration and short development cycles, allowing us to constantly learn from our data and empowering our clients to apply these insights towards real world problems. Your recent experience has prepared you for a technical leadership role. Your peers turn towards you for your insight into software engineering best practices.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience with distributed data processing system such as Spark, Hadoop/MapReduce, Hive, Pig and SQL/NoSQL databases
- 3-5 years experience working with large scale, low-latency micro-service oriented architectures
- Extensive experience in Java or Scala, and experience with scripting languages
- Excellent knowledge of data structures, algorithms and design patterns
- Experience building high volume real-time data pipelines
- Some experience with text processing or NLP or statistics desirable
- Experience with CI, continuous deployment, HA, RESTful services
- Ability to solve open-ended problems in an elegant, swift, and scalable manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivation and an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks and beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr transforms the Twitter stream and other public datasets into actionable signals, discovering must-know information in real-time for clients in Finance, the Public Sector, News, Corporate Security and Crisis Management.
Want to learn more about Dataminr? Visit https://www.dataminr.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Data Engineer
Fitbit, US - Boston
Senior Software Engineer - Developer Productivity team
Fitbit, Belarus - Minsk
Engineering Manager, Quality Engineering
GitHub, HQ - San Francisco
Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack
Change.org, Victoria, British Columbia
Engineering Manager - Infrastructure
Reddit, San Francisco
Technical Intern - Extreme Blue (Undergraduate Student)
IBM, Austin (TX) and Research Triangle Park (NC)