Type: Full Time
Who we are:
We are Dataminr, the leading company that turns social media into real-time, actionable alerts. Our ability to find and deliver information faster than any traditional source has completely revolutionized how critical, relevant and actionable information reaches the news, finance, public sector and corporate security industries.
We are one of the most exciting companies to work for and have been referred to as the “super tool of journalists and hedge funds” while also receiving numerous accolades from professionals in both the corporate security area and public sector. We’ve been named to CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list in 2014 and 2016, the Forbes FinTech 50 list in 2016, added to the AlwaysOn Global 250 Top Private Companies list and received an invitation to speak at the World Economic Forum.
Headquartered in New York City and nearing 400 employees, Dataminr provides a challenging and dynamic environment where everyone feels that they have the freedom to be innovative, impactful and influential. Our culture promotes team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it empowers us to do our best work and have fun.
Who you are:
You are a highly motivated team player who is excited about taking your passion for New York City to a technology start up. A successful candidate will have prior experience working in the local government, civil service, or law enforcement. You will be an integral part of our algorithm training process, serving as an in-house resource for all things NYC.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- In depth understanding of transport, housing, health and public safety issues affecting the greater NYC areas
- Strong understanding of social media platforms and their relevance to local governments and first responders
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Display excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Foreign language expertise a plus
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan
- Generous leave
- Daily catered meal
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks and beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr transforms the Twitter stream and other public datasets into actionable signals, discovering must-know information in real-time for clients in Finance, the Public Sector, News, Corporate Security and Crisis Management.
Want to learn more about Dataminr? Visit Dataminr's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Machine Learning Infrastructure Engineer - Toronto
Business Analyst, Sr
Merrill, St. Paul, MN (USA)
Senior Data Scientist - Risk
Postmates, San Francisco
Data Science Instructor
General Assembly, Singapore
Software Engineer - Data
First Orion Corp., Little Rock
Director of Product Analytics
DoorDash, San Francisco, CA