Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: Mid Level
Who we are:
We are Dataminr, the leading company that turns social media into real-time, actionable alerts. Our ability to find and deliver information faster than any traditional source has completely revolutionized how critical, relevant and actionable information reaches the news, finance, public sector and corporate security industries.
We are one of the most exciting companies to work for and have been referred to as the “super tool of journalists and hedge funds” while also receiving numerous accolades from professionals in both the corporate security area and public sector. We’ve been named to CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list in 2014 and 2016, the Forbes FinTech 50 list in 2016, added to the AlwaysOn Global 250 Top Private Companies list and received an invitation to speak at the World Economic Forum.
Headquartered in New York City and nearing 300 employees, Dataminr provides a challenging and dynamic environment where everyone feels that they have the freedom to be innovative, impactful and influential. Our culture promotes team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it empowers us to do our best work and have fun.
Who you are:
You are a highly motivated individual who can (1) monitor and analyze the quality of our data feeds and signals; (2) keep up-to-date on key developments and assess the impact of real-time Dataminr signals; and (3) be the in-house expert on breaking news.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, International relations, Political Science, Government, or Economics, or Foreign Language
- Foreign languages desired: Arabic, Russian, Turkish, Spanish, French, Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Thai, Malay
- Demonstrated interest in breaking news and world events (relevant internships as well as campus positions at the
- University/College newspaper are a plus)
- Ability to monitor and analyze data quickly
- Passion for technology and a great understanding of social media (Twitter!)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivation and an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan
- Generous leave
- Daily catered dinner
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks and beverages
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr transforms the Twitter stream and other public datasets into actionable signals, discovering must-know information in real-time for clients in Finance, the Public Sector, News, Corporate Security and Crisis Management.
Want to learn more about Dataminr? Visit https://www.dataminr.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Data Scientist, Product Innovation
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Senior Manager, Marketplace Analytics
Product Data Scientist, Analytics
Venmo, New York
Growth Data Analyst
Analyst - Paper Management
Time Inc., Bengaluru, India
Lead Instructor, Principal Data Scientist
Galvanize, San Francisco