Type: Full Time
Who we are:
We are Dataminr; we transform vast social media feeds into real-time, actionable alerts. Our clients are the first to know about high-impact events and critical breaking information, enabling them to act faster and stay one step ahead.
Our groundbreaking technology detects, classifies, and determines the significance of public information. We have revolutionized the way relevant information reaches the right people in corporate security, news, the public sector, and finance.
Along the way, we've been referred to as the “super tool of journalists and hedge funds” while also receiving numerous awards and accolades from our clients, including being recognized by CNBC as one of the world’s 50 most disruptive private technology companies in 2016 and being named to the definitive list of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world by Forbes in 2017.
Based in NYC, a career at Dataminr offers the ability to make an individual impact at a rapidly growing tech startup while being supported by the experience of a company founded in 2009, backed by the world’s leading venture and growth technology investors, and 300 talented employees around the globe.
Who you are:
You're an experienced software engineer or a talented recent graduate with strong software development skills interested in helping us sort, analyze and deliver relevant information from terabytes of unstructured social media data. You enjoy working with, or are interested to learn, microservices based infrastructures. You constantly think about how to help your team iterate faster, allowing you to continually learn from our data to empower our clients to apply these insights towards real world problems.
You'll be using Java and Scala, SQL and NoSQL data stores, Kafka and Docker to name a few, all running on AWS. We're always keen to use emerging technologies if they can help us achieve our goals.
In this role, you will use these tools to build the services and underlying infrastructure that allows us to deal with all of that data. You'll need collaborate closely with other teams in engineering, product and across the organization to develop innovative solutions to new challenges.
In the first month, you'll:
- start off by spending time with different parts of the company to understand how Dataminr works.
- get up to speed on our tech stack and infrastructure with overview sessions and deep dives with your team.
- be contributing code to production systems from the get-go.
Within 3 months, you'll:
- be sharing responsibility for several microservices.
- help to deliver new features and architecture improvements.
- be deepening your knowledge of the technologies we use.
Within 6 months, you’ll:
- be designing significant features that impact multiple services.
- be influential in helping plan the next iterations of our architecture as we strive to get more alerts to our clients faster and with near-perfect reliability.
- begin to take more of a role in mentoring and growing the team.
The way we work:
To maintain our momentum, we need a talented, diverse team of people committed to the idea that real-time information can be a force for good in the world.
- We take initiative, ownership, and are accountable.
- We work urgently and thoughtfully and are driven to constantly improve.
- We share knowledge, consider varied perspectives, and assume positive intent.
- We are commercially minded and deliver measurable results.
- We maintain a sense of humor and humility.
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks and beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr transforms the Twitter stream and other public datasets into actionable signals, discovering must-know information in real-time for clients in Finance, the Public Sector, News, Corporate Security and Crisis Management.
Want to learn more about Dataminr? Visit Dataminr's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software QA Engineer
Malwarebytes, Santa Clara, California
InfluxData, Chicago, IL
Part Time Front-End Web Development Instructor
General Assembly, Melbourne
Cognitive Software Development Intern (Undergraduate Student)
IBM, Multiple Cities
System Reliability Engineer
The Sourcery, ThoughtSpot
Senior Network Engineer